Special Announcement Regarding Reeltronix Reels

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It's been four years since my review of Patrick Sinegal's superb looking and even better sounding Reeltronix reels appeared in the pages of Positive Feedback. Patrick's Reeltronix reels--are light years beyond anything being currently built-- not to mention what has ever been available to the reel-to-reel enthusiast.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue62/accessories.htm (scroll to end of article)

Patrick, sadly, discontinued production of his amazing Reeltronix reels a few years ago. But hope arises anew for those who missed out on Patrick's reels the first time around! Just this afternoon, Patrick sent me an email this afternoon announcing that he has after a year of consultation with Greg Beron of UHA, decided to reintroduce his Reeltronix reels. The new RT-001 Reeltronix reel might according to Patrick have, "some slight changes but nothing drastic." Patrick is still settling on the final design (I will post a picture as soon as one is available) but the new reels will have a new logo and come in two colors combined with a polished nickel finish. He is also considering producing a special, limited edition version or standard two tone black with yet a new logo.

To make this new run of reels (and beyond) financially viable, he needs to have orders for 60 reels. Patrick will start with an interest list and then require partial payment on orders. The new RT-001 reels will run 475.00 apiece; to keep the price down, Patrick will be doing everything himself save for the plating, machining and logo (in the end, this will save the customer more than $50 a reel due to mark ups.)

Patrick is also putting together a new website with more information about his reels.

So I suggest anyone interested in these reels drop Patrick an email at gideon1967@aol.com to discuss purchase of these reels or post your interest online and I'll keep track of everyone. Personally, I can't think of anything better looking to dress up and put the finishing touches to my deck! For they are truly the Ferrari of the reels world.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Myles

Thanks for the link to your review

Those take up reels look like the UHA beauties. I am interested and will email as you suggested

Thanks to Mike Lavigne I have used the Oznow cleaner since I have had my turn table

I know they are washable but when I talked to Mehran who distributes them here in the USA, he suggests buying a new one :)

I agree about the amount of dirt junk it removes.

Nice to see you last week Myles. I ordered several of the records you brought with you

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi Myles

Thanks for the link to your review

Those take up reels look like the UHA beauties. I am interested and will email as you suggested

Thanks to Mike Lavigne I have used the Oznow cleaner since I have had my turn table

I know they are washable but when I talked to Mehran who distributes them here in the USA, he suggests buying a new one :)

I agree about the amount of dirt junk it removes.

Nice to see you last week Myles. I ordered several of the records you brought with you

agree on replacing the oznow. Once you wash it, it starts to lose it's stickiness. It also starts to get cut up from repeated stylus drops over time.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'm going to order 2 more!!

Attachments

• Reeltronix 2.jpg
    Reeltronix 2.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 511
  • Reeltronix 1.jpg
    Reeltronix 1.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 576

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Welcome back Myles! Your presence has been missed.

Tom

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
image1.jpg

Here is Patrick's rendering of the RT-001 reel he plans to produce.
It will look a little different than the reel Bruce posted above, (must be a good friend that lent Bruce that reel).

Anyone who has looked at one of the Reeltronix reels up close, or held one in their hand will attest that they are vastly superior to any take up reel that has ever been made before.
That's why I have been on Patrick to go back to this project, if you have a quality R2R deck just buy the damn thing, you can't go wrong.
Patrick needs 60 sales to start the project, we should be able to do that!

BTW, Myles review is spot on!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Just received some exciting news from Patrick Sinegal of Reeltronix. It appears that his new Reeltronix reels will be available in about four weeks. Patrick expects, if he can get 60 preorders (email at gideon1967@aol.com), that the “standard” reels will retail for $450. The price of the two-tone black and the nickel plated reels still hasn’t been finalized but he expects they will retail for in the vicinity of $475.00 and $495.00 each, respectively. Patrick new website should also go live mid-November.

Patrick’s also made a few changes to the design of the reel’s hubs as illustrated in the accompanying pictures. The new Reeltronix reels will have a “grooved” rather than smooth hub making threading easier while at the same time not damaging the tape. The logo is being finalized and he shared, “will be very different than the first that was impressive on its own. I'm doing a dome resin logo which I had to go 0.050 inches deep and machining that deep worked perfectly.”

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Is that a prototype pictured ? Please give the link to the order website when it goes live. Thanks.

That was the exact same thing I asked when Patrick sent me those pictures...

YES, that is a RAW reel, no finishing, no nickel plating, no painting, no logo, no fancy hex head screws.
Patrick has special screws coming for the reels and once finished out he will get to the plating and painting.

To me they look like they will have the typical Patrick Sinegal precision finish once completed, however this design is different than the previous models.
He is also talking about other designs at some point, so far every reel I have used by him is stellar, I even have some lower cost prototypes that he has never made, they are great too.

His wife is working on the web site and it will be up soon.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi Myles,

Thanks for the pics. I am curious relative to the design choice of the ~ 12 grooves, which appear periodically on the hub, and how
the grooves would/would not impart physical impression on the tape stock. :confused:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Greg!

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Let us know if they can be purchased through a website store or other. Thanks.

Hey Chris,
Thanks for bringing this up!
Patrick is working on getting his web site back up, look for it next year.
In the mean time one can email Patrick Senegal to order at gideon1967@aol.com.

I have every version of Reeltronix reel Patrick made and this new one is great.

Patrick has asked me to review the new reel on Positive Feedback Online, will get it done in a month or so.

But I will say now that the metal on the flanges is a bit thicker and there is also more space between the spokes of the flanges to press the tape to the reel. A bit easier to get your fingers in there. I am also still experimenting with the ridges on the reel surface where you start the tape, the first impression is they work well and have no down side so far.

I guess my problem is when I spool up a tape I know I need to pay attention to the reel if I'm going to review it but then I hear the music I loose track of the mechanics of playback because it is so effortless and so quiet.
During fast forward and rewind this new reel is rock F'in solid, you have to see it.
What's not to like.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing