Stillpoints Under Which Components

rhyno

Dec 29, 2010
its the setup

easy to botch stillpoints, easier to botch 4 than 3. it requires precise leveling, where the component takes on a 'planted into the earth' sensation if the weight is properly distributed and level (pushing on the top corners towards earth will require excess force to lift the component off the SPs if its properly leveled / weight dist as a test). when it is right, its clearly right. when its not, it stinks.

i found the same thing w/ audiopoints gear, which has a brass signature instead. and it sounds that way.

skljesus

Jun 18, 2016
Wow, you spent a fortune buying them and lots more time in set up. You must have picked up some courage to knock them out of the system.
What made this change of heart come around.
Yes, a fortune looking at your list.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It wasn't home demo skljesus, I always found them ridiculous they belonged to customers of mine.

david

And Dave, living in Utah you are fortunate to get a home demo, and money returned if not entirely satisfied .
Such great situations are unheard of where I come from. If you wanted to buy a modest house or a big house, it's cash on the table before you can move in. Indeed you are privileged in Utah. Thank your lucky stars.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I didn't know this hobby is anything religious for us to believe . Just try out still point esp Ultra5 with the base unit on your speakers . I tried & I like what I heard . Not a religious experience . However I agreed it's too pricey

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I didn't know this hobby is anything religious for us to believe . Just try out still point esp Ultra5 with the base unit on your speakers . I tried & I like what I heard . Not a religious experience . However I agreed it's too pricey

I use Ultra 5's under my Wilsons with great success. I also use them under most of my component power supplies. I did not find any negative effects (all positive) and I have moved them around and taken them out on many occasions. Different strokes for different folks I guess. ;)

Reactions: Namaste

skljesus

Jun 18, 2016

Dear Audioblazer,

I go by that name wherever I go. That's just me. At times with a bit of prayer, things which were not going the right way, turn 'right' for me. That's my personal experience in life.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing