Vitus sia 025 vs d'agostino momentum integrated amps

cmanios

Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone
I need some advice on your experience. I have been wanted to move on from my devialet 400 monos for a couple of months now. I have narrowed my search to an integrated amp for space issues. I'm torn between the d'agostino momentum integrated amp and the virus sia 025 amp.
My system is focal Scala v2, 2 REL G1 subs, brinkmann balance turntable with Benz lps on the brinkmann 12.1 arm, audio alchemy phono, transparent reference, shunyaya triton/typhon. The reason for the move is that I find the devialets don't have much depth of soundstage to my ears and my system is quite technical and not rounded or tube like.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi there.
I have an SIA 025 and the rest of my system is on my profile.
I have had mine for around three years and have only heard the D'Agostino at shows so not really very well qualified o comment on it.
I can say,however, that I am delighted with the Vitus. I was concerned before I bought it as to whether it would have enough power in Class A but it wasn't a problem at all. My room is 21x12 and I can get all the volume I need with good soundstage and depth.
What endears it to me is the sheer musicality, naturnalness and transparency of the sound. It is very good with vinyl and I am sure would suit your Brinkmann better than the Devialets.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'm familiar with the Vitus, and it's really good stuff. I was just checking the specs on your Focals, and the Vitus should be plenty for it, as it's a reasonably efficient speaker.

I think the choice between the two would most likely be in terms of preference. I believe the D'Agostino would offer more body and presence, and a richer midrange tonality.

If I may, a solid third option would be either one of the darTZeel integrateds, as they have the best midrange in the business :) The CTH-8550, with the built-in phono stage, might just be the ticket. Or, if you're looking to add some digital to your mix, the LHC-208 has a killer DAC/streamer, and you can keep using your current phono.

cheers,
alex

caesar

May 30, 2010
Not sure, what country you are in, but I'm not certain Vitus is available in the US. I think it was available a while, ago, but it has gone cold...

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Not sure, what country you are in, but I'm not certain Vitus is available in the US. I think it was available a while, ago, but it has gone cold...

We (Rhapsody.audio) have been carrying Vitus in Manhattan for about a year. Have the pre's/several amps, and the digital. Mike at Suncoast Audio in Florida is also a Vitus dealer and there is a dealer in Minnesota Analog Audio as well.

Last edited:

David

Aug 11, 2012
We recently became a dealer for Vitus (Cake Audio, Southern California). To say it is very impressive gear, is an understatement. The sound quality, flexibility, fit and finish are all exceptional.

HiFi+ had this to say about our recent showing at The Show Newport:

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/the-show-newport-beach-2016-chris-martens-best-in-show/

We recently drove our Rockport Altair's with the SIA-025 and the sound was glorious..

I have tried Vitus SIA025 with Rockport Atria ; it was great ; better than big separeted pre & amps very powerfull on the paper (and x3 more expensive)
the SIA025 is to my ears the best integrated amplifier on the market when we speak about musicality ;
I have listened also to the combination with Marten Miles 5 and Focal Scala ... Very good with Marten and also with Focal (and I must say I am not fan of Focal and also of speakers with Accuton as Marten ...)
you should go with the Vitus !!!!

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
I recently waved goodbye to Modwright pre and Nagra VPA monoblocks. The Vitus SIA-025 replaced them. Haven't stopped listening to music since.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
No owners of the D'Agostino Integrated?
We really are lucky with the awesome integrated available atm. A friend of mine had a sia-025 and went to the new Diablo 300.
He says the Diablo 300 is the best he's ever had and he's gone through a heap of gear.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No owners of the D'Agostino Integrated?
We really are lucky with the awesome integrated available atm. A friend of mine had a sia-025 and went to the new Diablo 300.
He says the Diablo 300 is the best he's ever had and he's gone through a heap of gear.

Interesting feedback...big fan of Gryphon myself clearly. How did he compare the sia-025 to the new Diablo? Curious as to if you have any of his 'listening notes' on the Diablo.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
He went from the Vitus to Gryphon. Not sure if he had both at the same time..
I don't believe he took notes but I can always ask..

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
He went from the Vitus to Gryphon. Not sure if he had both at the same time..
I don't believe he took notes but I can always ask..

Thanks! They are both tremendous designs.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I really loved the Vitus pre and SM 102 on Magicos and we compared it with expensive Kondo. I like the flowing, full-bodied, class A, liquid sound that comes from the Vitus. But then I like the Momentums as well. Never compared the integrateds. I know of one dealer who prefers the Danny boy integrateds the most

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
I looked at both the Diablo 300 and Vitus 025 and settled for the Vitus .Comes down to personal preference and other gear.Both great Amps.
Stump

Reactions: fyud

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I don't know about the rest of the word but in the UK there is a massive price difference between the Vitus SIA-025 and the D'Agostino Integrated, the Vitus is £18,500 here and the DAG is £44k or thereabouts.

I've used a Vitus SIA-025 in my setup and it was excellent. Can't comment about the DAG Integrated although I have heard the Momentum separates a few times and absolutely loved them.

Guillaume

nextlevel

Aug 22, 2016
I understand that Vitus SIA-025 was upgraded slightly at the end of 2015. Anybody have details of the upgrade and how it affects the sound quality vs the older version? I am trying to match my YG Carmels 2 to a "super" integrated. Thanks
Spyros

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Spyros,

Look no further than the darTZeel, either one of the integrateds will sound amazing on your Carmel 2s. I know because we have just that pairing in the store :)
The LHC-208 has a DAC+streamer, but it's 200W, and the CTH-8550 has a killer phono stage, and it's 350W. Both will drive the YG Carmels well, and present them at their best!

cheers,
alex

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
Spyros,

Look no further than the darTZeel, either one of the integrateds will sound amazing on your Carmel 2s. I know because we have just that pairing in the store :)
The LHC-208 has a DAC+streamer, but it's 200W, and the CTH-8550 has a killer phono stage, and it's 350W. Both will drive the YG Carmels well, and present them at their best!

cheers,
alex

My dealer has taken in Naim 500, Dartzeel integrated, Boulder, Audio Research and D'Agastino as trade ins against the SIA-025.

Plug in, switch to class A operation and let the magic start.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
My dealer has taken in Naim 500, Dartzeel integrated, Boulder, Audio Research and D'Agastino as trade ins against the SIA-025.

Plug in, switch to class A operation and let the magic start.

+1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing