Allnic Service - H5000 DHT Phono

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Most are aware something on my power supply went kaput !
It was a diode...and has been dealt with accordingly (problem wont happen again). I sent the unit to Korea on 6/13 and today it's at my door...6/23. Only 10 day turnaround.

My big thanks to Allnic's (KS Park) and Albert Porter (Allnic No. American Dist.) for getting this done so fast. It's back up to it's previous glory. :D:cool:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is very impressive service!

Albert is terrific!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
more than impressive indeed. It's only going to become a paper weight any way Christian with the LP1 Sig coming ;)

There is room for both. Just finished listening to Gladiator soundtrack test pressing. The Allnic is world class too. There are quite a few world class phono stages out there. It's really only a matter of preference and taste. I think the Lamm...for only experiencing the LP2.1 may have a more "rowdy" punchier sound that is closer to tape than the allnic. It will be interesting to compare the two as time goes by.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
There is room for both. Just finished listening to Gladiator soundtrack test pressing. The Allnic is world class too. There are quite a few world class phono stages out there. It's really only a matter of preference and taste. I think the Lamm...for only experiencing the LP2.1 may have a more "rowdy" punchier sound that is closer to tape than the allnic. It will be interesting to compare the two as time goes by.

Wow, now that is service! Great news. Now you have two world class phonos to play with. Good times.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

You haven't heard the LP1 :)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
You haven't heard the LP1 :)

Steve your a Lamm dealer now ?

Interesting

Can I ask a question

Can you bridge a Lamm m1.2

Need a tad more power had m 2.1 but prefer sound of 1.2 better though they are close

Or would I be better to go for something like the big Vitus class A

Thx

A

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Interesting

Can I ask a question

Need a tad more power had m 2.1 but prefer sound of 1.2 better though they are close

Thx

A

Hi Detlof has bridged lamm m2.2 - ask him. Also DDk might be able to help

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium

Interesting

Can I ask a question

Thx

A

I used to have a Lamm 1.2 for a few years. I tried many tweaks to get better bass out of it but it wouldn't work and I too often looked at the speakers, until I changed amps and found out that the Lamm were actually at fault. They just lack grip in my modest opinion in the lowest octave. My Aries Cerat Conceros, though 'only' 65 watt but with twice the power capacitance than a Gryphon Mephisto has enabled me to rediscover what deep and textured bass should sound like + with a real SET mid and high as a premium.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I used to have a Lamm 1.2 for a few years. I tried many tweaks to get better bass out of it but it wouldn't work and I too often looked at the speakers, until I changed amps and found out that the Lamm were actually at fault. They just lack grip in my modest opinion in the lowest octave. My Aries Cerat Conceros, though 'only' 65 watt but with twice the power capacitance than a Gryphon Mephisto has enabled me to rediscover what deep and textured bass should sound like + with a real SET mid and high as a premium.

I came to the same conclusion with the Lamm M1.2's.

Interesting to hear about the Aries!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I came to the same conclusion with the Lamm M1.2's.

Interesting to hear about the Aries!

Agree on my own interest in Aries...and that includes their digital as well as their amplification. would like to hear.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Agree on my own interest in Aries...and that includes their digital as well as their amplification. would like to hear.

Ahem...did someone say Aries? :)

Well we are working on getting a Tier 1 partner for Munich 2017 on the speaker side of the house so you can come and have as many male audio orgasms as you can handle.

Stay tuned

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Or if you are inclined to take a leap of faith in your personal rig you can email me what you want to listen to at global@aries-cerat.eu

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing