A Very Special Announcement

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
It is with great pleasure that I would like to make the following announcement.

As of today fellow member Ron Resnick has assumed ownership of Amir's portion of Whats Best Forum and will become an equal and co owner with me in the running of Whats Best Forum. Ron and I have been close friends for the past several years and we have found that we share the same passion in this hobby of audio and all things related. From this came discussions between Ron and I in the assumption of forum Co-owner

Most of you know Ron for his amazing abilities in reviewing speakers as well as his intense search this past year for his perfect set of speakers that will occupy center position in his new sound room which is under construction. Over the past few years Ron has been prolific in posting many wonderful threads that have remained great topics for discussion. He is the consummate gentlemen in his involvement here at WBF and for that reason I felt Ron would be excellent in his new position.We will have some very exciting plans that we will gradually unveil over the next few months so please stay tuned.

Ron and I will both serve as forum Administrators. I will continue to serve as the Managing Member of the forum.

Ron and I would like to thank Amir for his initial involvement in the set up of WBF and for the work that he has contributed. Amir will remain here as a Registered Member just like everyone else and will contribute to the forum as he so chooses going forward.

So once again please welcome my very good friend Ron Resnick to the position of Co-owner of WBF and in the position of Administrator. Lee (RBFC) and Tom (treitz3) will continue to serve as our moderators.

I would like to invite members to contact either Ron or myself should you have any suggestions to grow the forum. It is our goal to continue to make WBF the most successful audio forum on the internet.
Congratulations to two fine gentlemen! The board is in good hands and with such positive leadership can only move onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The most important thing I see is for management to provide leadership - and for me, this always started with everyone playing by the same rules. It is also true there is some incredible technical content on this site, and I really welcome that; what I don't like is the constant bickering. I strongly believe people need to make a point once or twice, then move on. Those who understand things can and do judge for themselves.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Congrats Ron - top guy.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve and Ron should be a strong team. Best wishes to both of you moving forward.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Ron, best of luck in (co)running the WBF. Let the audio/music passion be your guide.

Amir, thanks for all your work for WBF. I enjoyed sharing some interesting, that is fantastic sounding, recordings / downloads with you, in particular Challenge Classics (dxd/dsd 256) recordings. I wish you all the best.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ron, you are already a big contributor, so a double big congrats!

Amir, you gave so much and you are still giving (energizer), here and over there and @ many other places.
As your new status of a regular member you are even closer to us all than ever before. And that, deserves the highest respect...in being you, one of the best people all around.

One day @ a time...

P.S. There is an amazing amount of valuable information in many forum's sections. ...And from an incredible assortment of contributors of all life venues.
It's a legacy that will live on as long there are people on the planet, and from all music genres...and the legend continues...

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you to each of you gentlemen for your very kind wishes! I appreciate it!

As Steve wrote in the announcement please feel very free to contact Steve or me if you have any suggestions as to how to grow or improve the forum.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Steve, I'm glad to hear ownership dispute has been settled. Ron has always been one of the 'good spirits' of this forum.

Congrats Ron !

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Congratulations to both of you. Happy to hear that this forum has a bright future.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Anyone who gets to know Ron will find him a great combination of urbane politeness and true enthusiast. Seems like the perfect combination to help run WBF.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
For sometime time now I have contemplated the Amir having a technical column such as "ASK AMIR" or TECNICAL EDITOR" IT IS MY OPINION THAT HE HAS ALREADY ACTED IN THAT CAPACITY FOR SOME TIME.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Congratulations, Ron.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Congratulations, Ron.

Amir, I hope you will keep posting here. If not, then let me know where you've gone - I would like to continue reading your posts. They are always eye opening and educational.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Coming late into this thread :).

I like to start by thanking Steve for his friendship, support and kindness he shared with me during this partnership. And as well, to our hard working and tireless former and current moderators, Jack, Lee and Tom.

Of course, I can't possibly thank the many members here who took this forum from a spec on the Internet to one of the more popular ones rich with content, heart and friendship.

It was not easy to let go but sometimes that is the best thing to do. Having Ron take the baton and run with it could not be a more fortuitous and fitting development for this forum. He is most impressive in his dedication to the hobby and professional and cordial way he conducts himself. He certainly is not this wobbly outgoing wheel that I am. :)

I will be dropping in from time to time but not too active with so many new projects in life and hobby. I will be wishing for continued success and growth of the forum in capable hands of Steve and Ron. If you need to get a hold of me, PM is best.

Take care you all. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing