JP`s system

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Some info:
Dedicated listening room app 4,5 m wide and 5,5 m long with 2,3 ceiling hight. Acoustic treatments by Kaiser Acoustics; 2 x large Spline diffusors and 2 x Leading Edge Panels. Wooden floor, panel on the wall. The ceiling is treated with acoustic panels as well.

Electronics:
Absolare Signature integrated amplifier
APL DSD-S ex DAC
Aurender 100h streamer
CEC Belt drive CD transport
Vertexaq Taga AC filter/ Roirama Powercords
Audience AU 24 SX speaker cables
Belden 8402 IC, made by SPEC, Japan

Speakers:
Verity Parsifal Anniversary

Some words; I have been in this hobby for 35 years and had a lot of equipment. My listening room is not the largest, but large enough. But, care must be taken in order to get the speakers in particular to fit the room. The Parsifal is a smallish full range speaker with outstanding resolution in the midrange. The Absolare integrated is just marvelous and extremely open and musical. A true luxury product built without any cost considerations.

The APL and CEC are very good as well, the APL is the latest edition.

Cables:
For the moment I use the latest top model from Audience as speaker cable. The IC is the Belden 8402 which is really a microphone cable and very cheap. The cable was put together by SPEC in Japan, they use this cable themselves. I guess it cost around USD 20,- and beats the hell out of insanely expensive cables. I know, I have had those myself :). This cable is a true miracle, I urge everyone to try it. I use it unbalanced.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, taken with a mobile phone.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I owned the Leonore, the Parsifal Anniversary is really nice for an open midrange small room system, and also runs very well with 30 - 100 watt valves

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Very nice setup sir, if I do say so myself. ;)

Tom

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
New speakers arriving in a couple of weeks, some German made heavyweights :). More to come....Will upload new pics. Also of the new electronics.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
New speakers arriving in a couple of weeks, some German made heavyweights :). More to come....Will upload new pics. Also of the new electronics.

sounds intriguing! Look forward to reading more...any hints? new electronics? New Absolare?

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
The new speakers are the Kaiser Acoustics Kawero Classic. Delivery end of March, will post pictures.

JP

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Kaiser Kawero Classic speakers arrived today. Burn in process started, but they do sound more than ok right out of the flight cases :). I know from previous experiences that they are a very good match with the Absolare Integrated.

These are very special speakers, will upload pics later. Now more listening and fine tuning.

JP

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I am adding a few pics. The Kawero`s now have app 100 hours on them and without being too "full of my own system" I must say that these are very very special speakers. Extremely natural, full bodied, organic and very powerful when the music demands. The RAAL tweeter is amazing and the build quality second to none. More later, but it is safe to say that I am very happy.

Attachments

• JP 1.JPG
    JP 1.JPG
    884.5 KB · Views: 243
  • JP 3.JPG
    JP 3.JPG
    890.4 KB · Views: 243
  • JP 2.JPG
    JP 2.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 245

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
I am adding a few pics. The Kawero`s now have app 100 hours on them and without being too "full of my own system" I must say that these are very very special speakers. Extremely natural, full bodied, organic and very powerful when the music demands. The RAAL tweeter is amazing and the build quality second to none. More later, but it is safe to say that I am very happy.

Congratulations! Very nice system!

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Wonderful! :)

Guillaume

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Very nice indeed. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the panels behind the rig?

Tom

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Very nice indeed. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the panels behind the rig?

Tom
Thanks. The panels are Spline Diffusors from Kaiser Acoustics as well. I also use Leading Edge floor standing Panels from Kaiser. www.kaiser-acoustics.com

JP

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Thank you sir. I'm quite sure you are enjoying your system this weekend! I sure am with mine already.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing