Msrp?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
John Curl is a Wilson fan, which makes me curious about them. But I don't find the scaling of their line to be overly exciting. I suppose it's a pretty good approach however because if someone likes their sound they can engage at varying price levels.

But this makes more sense over their "bookshelves" that require the stands or bi-amping and just only a tiny bit less. IMO they overloaded the bookshelves, effectively eliminating the market that wants a space saving, reasonably priced speaker. I should know, I have a soft spot for bookshelves and find proprietary stands a huge turn off. I'd choose the Yvette any day over the Duette 2 (looks much better than the Sasha, too).

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
John Curl is a Wilson fan, which makes me curious about them. But I don't find the scaling of their line to be overly exciting. I suppose it's a pretty good approach however because if someone likes their sound they can engage at varying price levels.

But this makes more sense over their "bookshelves" that require the stands or bi-amping and just only a tiny bit less. IMO they overloaded the bookshelves, effectively eliminating the market that wants a space saving, reasonably priced speaker. I should know, I have a soft spot for bookshelves and find proprietary stands a huge turn off. I'd choose the Yvette any day over the Duette 2 (looks much better than the Sasha, too).

The two speakers you mention are targeted for different users. The Duette was designed for imperfect locations such as actually on a shelf against, against a wall, in a corner, etc. Probably not the best choice when used in a typical location.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Really? Because the crossover for it is in the stand, nullifing the shelf aspect, my while point; it's a floorstander.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
There is a space made in the stand for the crossover but it can be put on the shelf near the Duette.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Ah, perhaps I should reascend my grief... not so much, really, as pricing wise I still think it's a pour choice and the external X-over on a shelf isn't that helpful.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Ah, perhaps I should reascend my grief... not so much, really, as pricing wise I still think it's a pour choice and the external X-over on a shelf isn't that helpful.

It's not a speaker I would consider either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing