My New Turntable

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I thought I would share this new table with the crew here. Acoustic Signature Ascona with a NOS SME 3012R (thanks Dr. Steve). Don't mind all the Lamm gear on the floor, stands coming soon. AS1.JPG AS2.JPG AS3.JPG

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
congrats, Jeff. look forward to hearing it soon.

what was your favorite horn system at the show last weekend?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Don't hijack my thread.....

Just kidding. Honestly I thought the Jeff Castalano's room sounded wonderful and these speakers really blew me away:
Speakers.jpg

Unexpected because I'd never seen them before. There is something about field coil speakers, I always seem to dig them.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Ha- only to my friends :)

I enjoyed the AG, Cessaro, and Acapella rooms - all on quite diff amplification and all quite different. The new XD tech in the AGs seems quite an improvement. I couldn't believe Acapella was using a 100k integrated- yeesh .

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
The Acapella room was excellent. I love the Einstein amps of our mutual friend with his Wilsons, but I've never like the pairing with the Acapella. The Acapella system at the Show was the best I've ever heard.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing