This is the best speaker,for me,i listen in my life,
Is a 3 way,with magnet in Maxalco,all hand made and sensibility of 98.5 db
Seems an horn speaker without the problems of horn
Regards
Gianluigi

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks to you and this wonderful forum,
i always read your experience in your home and in the forum.
I have also a Kondo M7 KSL and 2 Souga to beam,but i prefer CH
Best Regards

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The speaker on the right is other speaker i have,Electrovoice Sentry III with horn super tweeter from Be Yamamura

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Wow! That's one hell of a collection of gear and a great system!

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
Beautiful system mate

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
New enter
Arrived phono P1 and amp M1
my speaker is possible bi or trip amp and now i use M1 for bass and mid and A1 for tweeter.
has been a big improvement
Regards to everybody

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Many thanks,
next step is to buy a second X1,so i can use one for L1 and one for P1.

I don't know JackD201

Dear Steve,tomorrow i go to visit my friend that has system similar your,
Alexandria and instead Lamm he has Viva pre amp and Viva Aurora mono amp,22 watt but very good with Alexandria
Regards to everybody

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What a beautiful system!

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
I just opened this thread and HOLY COW, what a treat! I have never heard of those speakers. If they have sensitivity of 98dB, why do you need those big CH amps to drive them? Also, what are the Kondo valve amps for?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi,
this speaker is a italian company that produce only this speaker very special.
Its a 3 way with magnet in Maxalco that is Alnico V with oriented crystals.
Driver are all hand made with cabinet in Ergal and fiber carbon,you can see the story and construction at www.hiend.it
To give an example my 2 friend are selling Wilson Alexandria and Tad r1 to buy this,that if you buy in Italy from this company cost much much less

I always had and loved since 1990 triode amp starting with Be yamamura that built for me in 1990 one pre and amp with 845 of 8 boxex and 280 kg all with superpermalloy trans.
Then he had problems and come back to japan and usa and having problems i change with Audiotekne in 1995 with the top of his system,then changed with Audionote japan and then in Kondo.
I always had very special monovia speaker with Be yammer super tweeter or high eff. speaker,and waiting this actually speaker in the last 3 years with the last improvment
I always liked triode tubes but i was very impressive from CH and i tried in my home and i find better than Kondo,same natural sound but more fast dynamic,the sound seems more clean and don't lost the beauty of triode.This CH are really incredible,for me.
Then this speaker with his very simple network at 6 db is very fast and dynamic and is a good married with transistor amp.
And also no limitation for power because driver are very strong.

A1 stereo is enough but M1 has a special sound even if you use at 2/3 watt.
In normal listening i use 3/4 watt and when i listen at high level maximo i arrive at 40/50 watt of peak,but sound is very good

Regards

Reactions: RogerD

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Beautiful room indeed

Has JackD201 seen all that CH gear?

Just now! Wow just wow! I always said the highs of CH remind me of small DHTs even if unlike Gian, I've never had the good fortune to have them on Kondo gear (of which I too am very enamored). So, following Gian's journey has been a very wonderful treat for me, as I live vicariously through him. I have a P1 on order and half of a dual supply X1 waiting patiently for it. I'm waiting to follow Gian's experimentation with the P1/X1 with the GFS. It's one of my favorite cartridges and I can't wait to get pointers :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing