CTH-8550 with TAD speakers?

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with the TAD speakers in particular the R1 with the Dartzeel integrated?

Best Regards

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
If you have the Dart any speaker will sing though I am using ASCENDO SYSTEM M5 SE with external crossover

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi.
I was an owner of a 8550 and i have a Cr1 too. This Dartzeel is a masterpiece of audio. I think it is already an audio legend.
But as great it is the Dart is far below of the Tad's can offer.
Is it a good match? Yes.
Is it what the Tad needs to sound as good as they are? No.
I had to change it to a pair of monoblocks paired with Tad C600 and a complete Siltech cables chain set.
The Tad's are an incredible set of speakers that have no limits on the electronic set.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Thanks for the feedback!

Out of interest which Monos did you go with Stereophonic?

style

Jan 20, 2015
Hello Bobbi,

the TAD "sound" with the 8550? yes BUT !!!

the CR1 with the Pass XA100.8 dont have enough "electricity", with a FM ampli 2x 300watt was too not the top. Sure you have a sound but to have what the TAD really can you need much more from the 8550.

Test after test is so: Tad need A LOT of ampereto have an amazing sound. the only great sound listen with the TAD was with the Soulution and with the Tad amplifier. No way.

greets style

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing