Highend-AudioPC AUDIOPHILE OPTIMIZER

AudioDoc

Jun 7, 2016
Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 beta 20 release.

After upgrading from AO 2.0 beta 18 to the latest beta available, and at the time of writing it is beta 20, I will say without any reservation that the new Audiophile Optimizer from Phil’s HighEnd-AudioPC (www.highend-audiopc.com) will move computer audio sound quality to a new high -- a bar that will be very hard, if not impossible to beat by any other tweaked or optimized computer audio software out today.

I did extensive listening to all different genres of music, and no matter which type of music I played through my Phil’s Audiophile Optimized Audio PC, the sound quality was improved far beyond what I was listening to 36 hours before.

The improvement that stood out foremost in my system was the following.
· Bass depth and articulation far better than previous versions
· Soundstage width, depth, and focus was a clear improvement.
· Cymbals had a clearer “sheen” that reminded you of how it sounded when sitting in the audience in close proximity to a great drummer like Jeff Hamilton playing.
· Live performance recordings were very involving, drawing you into the audience/crowd and feeling the energy around you.
· Piano keys hitting the strings had the weight and texture that had you paying attention to the entire range of the piano notes being played.

Folks, you will do your ears and system inestimable pleasure by getting the Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 as soon as it is released to the general public. I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed; rather, you'll be astounded at how great computer audio can sound.

The following albums were played during my review:

Andrew Lloyd Webber – Phantom of the Opera
Jessica Williams – Live at Yoshi Vol 1
The Fairfield Four – Standing in the Safety Zone
Eva Cassidy – Live at Blues Alley
Chris Botti – Live in Boston
Eric Clapton – Unplugged
Jennifer Warnes –Famous Blue Raincoat
Jacques Loussier – Plays Bach
Liz Wright – Salt
Patricia Barber – Café Blue
Sade – Lovers Live
Ramsey Lewis – Dance of the Soul
Michael Murray – An Organ Blaster (Telarc)
Bob Marley – Exodus (Mobile Fidelity)

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
However, the question arises what if you have the main Roon program running on one computer, and then say use a microrendu which is Roonready. Will using Audiophile Optimizer on the computer running the main Roon program make any difference? My educated guess is probably not. On the other hand, using Audiophile Optimizer when you have one PC doing everything and outputting the audio I would think would be beneficial!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have been using his product for a while now , several revisions worth . Each time from day one there were profound improvements . I have been using this on a 1 pc system feeding a few dacs I owned . One being a 40k msb dac as well as various levels of lampi dacs . The msb has its own server a umt plus . After the 130 and I installed the 1.40 and with the help of phil in hand picking out parts for a reference server , the msb server was at best on par with the ref server and given with phils digital settings I could tailor the sound I mostly used it. Now we have moved onto the new 2.0 beta , this has yielded results way beyond my umt plus . AO software has been an amzing journey for me and most who have used it . I did at one point use jpaly with jriver as well , while I felt there was some benefit in j play in the end it was just too many settings to use while its changes effected pcm and dsd and even genre . The new 2.0 is so good I cannot imagine me trying an addition on my ref server , meaning end game for now anyway lol. . For anyone who has just s simple pc running win 10 its something that will enrich your music experience to new levels . For me being a little more savey and running win 2012 its amazing , my point is to just install it on a reg pc and enjoy it is a treasure for us audio heads . My next point is while I have a expensive ref server and have spent countless thousands of dollars on usb converters I am happy for those that simply install it to get them closer to perfection for cheap .

JoeyGS

Jul 9, 2011
Laguna, Philippines
Are you running AO with the latest jriver version? I am having problems with AO/Jriver combo at the moment.

Yes it's what I use. It also works with many replay softwares

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
Thanks so much for posting this. I use a PC for everything and have been sitting on the fence with this. What do you think about getting a NUC and an external blue ray drive and loading up the windows 10 version?
Once you start using this can you still play games and surf the net, stream netflix, etc?
Thanks

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 beta 20 release.

After upgrading from AO 2.0 beta 18 to the latest beta available, and at the time of writing it is beta 20, I will say without any reservation that the new Audiophile Optimizer from Phil’s HighEnd-AudioPC (www.highend-audiopc.com) will move computer audio sound quality to a new high -- a bar that will be very hard, if not impossible to beat by any other tweaked or optimized computer audio software out today.

I did extensive listening to all different genres of music, and no matter which type of music I played through my Phil’s Audiophile Optimized Audio PC, the sound quality was improved far beyond what I was listening to 36 hours before.

The improvement that stood out foremost in my system was the following.
· Bass depth and articulation far better than previous versions
· Soundstage width, depth, and focus was a clear improvement.
· Cymbals had a clearer “sheen” that reminded you of how it sounded when sitting in the audience in close proximity to a great drummer like Jeff Hamilton playing.
· Live performance recordings were very involving, drawing you into the audience/crowd and feeling the energy around you.
· Piano keys hitting the strings had the weight and texture that had you paying attention to the entire range of the piano notes being played.

Folks, you will do your ears and system inestimable pleasure by getting the Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 as soon as it is released to the general public. I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed; rather, you'll be astounded at how great computer audio can sound.

The following albums were played during my review:

Andrew Lloyd Webber – Phantom of the Opera
Jessica Williams – Live at Yoshi Vol 1
The Fairfield Four – Standing in the Safety Zone
Eva Cassidy – Live at Blues Alley
Chris Botti – Live in Boston
Eric Clapton – Unplugged
Jennifer Warnes –Famous Blue Raincoat
Jacques Loussier – Plays Bach
Liz Wright – Salt
Patricia Barber – Café Blue
Sade – Lovers Live
Ramsey Lewis – Dance of the Soul
Michael Murray – An Organ Blaster (Telarc)
Bob Marley – Exodus (Mobile Fidelity)

Where are you getting "beta 18"? I only see beta 4. Am I missing something?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Which settings are you using with AO? They software is designed to just turn things off and shouldn't affect your ability to use jriver at all.

I would suggest trying alternate players (foobar, win media) and if it works then it is likely Jriver. Best bet is to use the least impactful setting in AO and confirm it works. then as you start to turn things off in advanced settings keep checking to make sure Jriver is still working so you can go back if it stops.

JoeyGS

Jul 9, 2011
Laguna, Philippines
Finally solved the problem on the intermittently stopping audio and hanging.

JRiver has a setting to automatically load upon start-up. Likewise, AO automatically start JRiver MC upon start-up thru the shell set-up.

In order to prevent the problem, you only need to pick either AO or JR MC to perform the auto load. Having both to make the auto start-up will give you the problems I experienced. It appears that there will be 2 MCs loaded and competes with each other. For me, I selected the shell set-up of AO only and the problem disappeared. I also tested to have JR MC to do the auto load and it is also ok.

Which settings are you using with AO? They software is designed to just turn things off and shouldn't affect your ability to use jriver at all.

I would suggest trying alternate players (foobar, win media) and if it works then it is likely Jriver. Best bet is to use the least impactful setting in AO and confirm it works. then as you start to turn things off in advanced settings keep checking to make sure Jriver is still working so you can go back if it stops.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing