Steve's THE Show 2016 Pictures

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Basis Audio, Vandersteen 7's and Audio Research

Also one of my favorite rooms this year and every year. Those speakers with Audio Research to my ears always sounds good. This plus the fact that AJ Conti was on hand to demo his flagship turntable (The Work of Art) and his Superarm 9 and Richard Vandersteen as well to discuss his speakers. Terrific sound

IMG_0071 (1).jpg

IMG_0072 (1).jpg

IMG_0073 (1).jpg

IMG_0074 (3).jpg

Steve Williams

Wilson Audio and VTL Electronics

Luke and Bea Manley always IMO have a terrific room and this was no exception. Their Sigfried LL mono amps and VTL 7.5 Preamp were exceptional. This was my first time hearing the Alexx and I have to say kudos to Daryl Wilson for hitting a home run on this speaker this room was my 3rd favorite( I had a tie for first)

IMG_0079 (1).jpg

IMG_0080 (2).jpg

IMG_0081 (1).jpg

Steve Williams

Daniel K was on hand with his own gear showing Wilson Sabrina's and Einstein Electronics with a Tech Das AF 3 turntable. IMO the sound in this room was better than the sound next door where they were playing Sasha's

IMG_0088 (1).jpg

IMG_0089 (2).jpg

IMG_0090 (1).jpg

Steve Williams

Evolution Acoustics

This room tied for Best In Show. The MM3 with the Exact crossover and the DartZeel electronics as well as the new Durand tube DAC produced music that I could sit and listen to all day. It was that good. This new Talia DAC by Joel Durand plays up to 384 and Quad DSD and the digital sound was spectacular. Move over Lampizator as IMO there is a new kid on the block which uses EL 84 tubes

IMG_0102 (1).jpg

IMG_0103 (1).jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing