Steve's THE Show 2016 Pictures

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Robert and welcome to WBF

I really enjoyed listening to this speaker and yes from the distance I confused it with the MBL but after a few minutes in the room it sounded very special and I enjoyed listening to it

Detlof owns the German Physiks with his Techdas and Kronos

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
for the size of the speaker the sound produced was exceptional

There is a guy called Romy on the Gon who owns a big German Physiks MCH. I think his speakers are pretty big and around 90k or so each. He also has multiple digital transports, and the equalizer.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Romy The Cat!!!!

Banned on almost every forum including this one

Hi no, different Romy. Romy the cat is a horn guy. He can't be banned off forums any more because he runs his own!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
good to know. I thought there was only one

Yeah, whoever this other Romy is should go by a different name, the Cat guy is pretty smart but one of the most opinionated, judgemental people ever, lol... I read an exchange between him and Fremer some years ago that was very entertaining.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There is a guy called Romy on the Gon who owns a big German Physiks MCH. I think his speakers are pretty big and around 90k or so each. He also has multiple digital transports, and the equalizer.

good to know. I thought there was only one

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5001

His name is 'Ramy'...his system posted here.

I have spoken with him...great guy. Fellow owner of Zanden digital (how i got to speak with him) and also Gryphon...as you can see, he has a sensation 2-story living room with beautiful system as well as great bedroom system.

Last edited:

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
for the size of the speaker the sound produced was exceptional

Well, ten minutes on the stage with the German Physics Gaudi tree-amplified with Krell persuaded me that our speakers, the Fenice's, XLF's, Q7's or similar are anemic. The wall of sound of this system, the being there and the slam of bass really emulates being in a rock concert seated in row A!

IMHO it was really devastating. I could easily accept that someone loving live concerts of amplified music could become addicted to such system.

Apologies for the poor quality of the photo - it was taken with a cheap cellphone. The speakers are 7 feet high and really deep.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 235

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Well, ten minutes on the stage with the German Physics Gaudi tree-amplified with Krell persuaded me that our speakers, the Fenice's, XLF's, Q7's or similar are anemic. The wall of sound of this system, the being there and the slam of bass really emulates being in a rock concert seated in row A!

IMHO it was really devastating. I could easily accept that someone loving live concerts of amplified music could become addicted to such system.
Such a sound is what I would be aiming for - the limitations I have had over the years to getting this is simply that I reach the end of the volume control track; I need more voltage swing in the amplifiers, with speakers sufficiently sensitive to get there. The experience of the Bryston and Dynaudio some time ago was the first time I've heard a "standard" home system that had the "raw brutality" on tap to do this with ease ...

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
...NO PHOTOS no Autograph on disc

--Meh to her! BruceD

I had a similar sentiment for Linus Pauling who declined autographing my O-Chem book; Francis Crick, on the other hand, was ever so gracious. :cool:

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Behind on this thread.

Thanks Steve for taking the time and energy to post all these pics and information. Makes me want to go to RMAF again later this year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing