Is QD-LED the Future OR Is OLED TV'S ?

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
what are all the issues with OLED?

Ive got a flat OLED and think its brilliant - no issues at all. Had it for about 6 months.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
According to Samsung, they've had reliability issues with their OLED implementation, so that's why they're focusing on alternative technology.

The QLED is said to be more efficient, but I wonder what the final results are. I must have seen a couple at the store, but nothing gives me the Wow factor as an OLED screen, even if it is 1080p.

Sony also has an alternative that they revived, named CLEDIS. I'll be watching these closely, but for me 4K OLED is the best one can have currently.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Samsung's new improved Quantum Dot LED TV's will be coming sooner than I thought, they will be on the market by 2018 now!:cool: I can't wait to compare one to my tweaked out Pioneer 500m Plasma!:b

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
According to Samsung, they've had reliability issues with their OLED implementation, so that's why they're focusing on alternative technology.

The QLED is said to be more efficient, but I wonder what the final results are. I must have seen a couple at the store, but nothing gives me the Wow factor as an OLED screen, even if it is 1080p.

Sony also has an alternative that they revived, named CLEDIS. I'll be watching these closely, but for me 4K OLED is the best one can have currently.

LOL. That is more Samsungs inability to be able to manufacture OLED's in any cost effective manner. LG have patented their production methods for OLED.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
LOL. That is more Samsungs inability to be able to manufacture OLED's in any cost effective manner. LG have patented their production methods for OLED.

Yes...the biggest problem with OLED is it takes a lot money to make these OLED TV's Right..Now and Sony and Samsung don't want to spend Big Money on this new technology.. Right Now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I was searching some more regarding OLED TVs lifespan. There are many articles mentioning the blue pixels, water, and other disadvantages.
Of course there are advantages too in picture quality; better blacks than the KUROs and better whites.
Pioneer older plasma TVs they don't do 3D, so for me personally this is a dead forever.

Technology and economics of scale are advancing rapidly; OLED and Quantum Dot LED technologies with it...
If buying a new TV set for me in my living room or bedroom today, there are few criteria that I would abide by:
1. UHD (4K)
2. 3D (No ghosting)
3. Motion Blur elimination
4. Image retention elimination
5. High level of picture quality: Details, Contrast, Dynamics, Natural color palette, HDR, Best blacks and whites, Sharpness, Wow factor
6. Beautiful modern design
7. Thin and no bezel
8. Reliable (no flaws picture wise and design wise - and reasonably lasting)
9. Affordable
10. OLED (LG) or LED (Samsung) ... 4K

I will keep both eyes open on the ten above commandments, then in time with all the cards of the deck full and in place, I will strike.
So many TVs so little time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

My thoughts and prayers with all America.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing