Can you suggest a good refrigerated wine cooler?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I don't want anything that will die in 2 years, but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars either... Small, ~18 bottle, is enough.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Almost all of them die soon Ack (Inam afraid you have been thete as well) - I got mines at a local wine boutique where different temperatures can be controlled for reds and blancs... Cousineart.

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Cuisineart have bad reviews on amazon. I am thinking of a NewAir 181E???

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
ack

we are all getting worried about you and all the wine threads you started today ;)

Coincidence. I've never had a drink in my life.

Hey we all work hard and play hard. And frankly, for the price of a power cord, I can have 5 bottles of incredible wine! Just finished a Rioja Reserva (with others, of course :)... don't ask, it's been a stressful week at work, but with a rewarding end today. Hmm, listening to my system I now hear berries, coffee and cassis, all wrapped in leather waving in the background:cool: But I can't tell if it's strawberries, blueberries or what - I need more resolving speakers:)

Last edited:

mimesis

Sep 26, 2010
I think U-line makes excellent units. Not cheap but not crazy expensive either. MSRP is about the price of 5 power cords in my world, 1/2 of a power cord for others. :)
Personally, if you have the space, I wouldn't get as small a unit as 18 bottles; 1) oftentimes the capacity is measured when bottles are densely stacked and you can only retrieve the top layer, 2) the running cost is probably very similar for a unit up in size.

I have a Dometic Silent Cellar - it's great because it actually is silent, unlike any other standalone cooling unit. It uses evaporation rather than refrigeration. I also have an offsite locker that takes my wine deliveries...when I go there I realize that my audio hobby is laughable compared to the big boys and their incoming cases of Screaming Eagle and the like. I have a locker -others have wine rooms! At least if I spend on an amp, it's still there regardless of use and not in, out and _____ away .

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Good to know zman76!, I recently bought a GE factory direct to replace my dead CousineArt, so far, so good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing