300B tubes for VAC 30/70 amplifers

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
as a user of 300B for the last 20 years I rank:
Living Voice /KR 300B combines Ts extension on the flanks and WEs glorious midrange combined with outstanding dynamics...
WE 2xxx series
Takatsuki

not heard the TNTs though

best
Leif

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Western Electric nears production in 2018

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Thank you for the replies on this! I think I am actually moving from the VAC Renaissance amps to the newest version of the Phison amplifier. It is the first amp that I have put in my system in place of the VAC that has left me happy. That being said I liked the Shuguang Black treasures in my Renaissance amps, in case anyone falls on this thread.

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
When my WE tubes started to fade, I went to a PSVane pair. The boxes were all in Chinese, so I don't know the model. They have grayish plates and clear glass, but aren't the replica tubes. In fact, I can't find them after searching on the Web. (They were supplied by Audio Note (UK)). They have more distinct bass than the WE300B, but they can't match the rest of the WE300B.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I have pair of WE 300B original made in 1930's that I paid 3,000$ 16 years ago.

I had run it more than 10,000 hours on Silbatone amplifier for 10 years but it is still good.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0502/silbatoneji300b.htm

I had tried Sophia Carbon Plate 300B but it is just average.

Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z is a good value better than Sophia.

It approach around 80% of WE original 300B performance with less than 1/10th price.

https://www.hifi-amplifiers.com/en/...cuum-tubes-best-matched-pair-brand-p-474.html

Recently I got impressed with Psavne Acme 805 tube so I consider ordering Acme 300B too.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing