Any Keb' Mo' fans?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was introduced to Keb' Mo' at Meridian booth at CES years back. They played a concert DVD which despite the limitations of that format, looked and sounded wonderful. I went and bought all of his albums. His work is a collection of melancholy at one end, and make you snap your finger and dance at the other end.

Official web site here: http://www.kebmo.com/site/

Here are some examples:

And the example of the fun stuff I really enjoy listening to:

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
He is one of my favorites blues artists. Great songs great voice and great guitar skills. Highly recommended!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I was introduced to Keb' Mo' at Meridian booth at CES years back. They played a concert DVD which despite the limitations of that format, looked and sounded wonderful. I went and bought all of his albums. His work is a collection of melancholy at one end, and make you snap your finger and dance at the other end.

Here are some examples:

Saw him play in Portland, Maine about 11 years ago. Recordings don't do him justice.

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Count me as a Keb Mo fan also, I have been on a blues "kick" as of late buying some real nice blues on vinyl. Just won an auction for Muddy Waters Folk Singer on MOFI vinyl last night. As for Keb Mo I have them all including the dvd concert, and he is on my list to see him live for sure.

Dan

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thought I'd throw in a little Keb' Mo' and Robert Cray from the "Legends of Jazz" Blu-ray.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
+1 I've got his albums and I've seen him live a few times. Very tasty blues artist.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Count me as a Keb Mo fan also... Just won an auction for Muddy Waters Folk Singer on MOFI vinyl last night.
Dan

Nice one...i own Folk Singer MFSL CD and the DVD-A.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Here are some examples:

I dont own any but certainly heard it. what 1 album do you recommend?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Any Keb' Mo' fans?

Good afternoon, Amir. To answer your question, I don't know yet but be rest assured I'll know very soon. A little present was sitting at the front door today and what was inside? 2 albums by Keb' Moe'. The two that just came in are Keep it Simple and I'm guessing a self titled Keb' Moe' album. I raise my glass to some new tunes tonight!

BTW, the Mo-fi of Muddy Waters is one of the prized albums in my collection. Great tunes there.

Tom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just ordered Keb Mo on SACD/Remaster.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Any Keb' Mo' fans?

Well good evening, Amir. I'm about half way through the "Keep it Simple" album and all I can say is this is right up my alley for some REALLY good tunes. I was hooked immediately after the first minute or so and it just kept getting better and better. With that said, I'm already a Keb' Moe' fan and I may just do what you did. Buy them all. How many is that anyway? :D

Awe, shucks. I can look that up myself. Are there any albums that you would consider out of the ones you have that are already becoming rare? "The best" recordings thereof? I wish I had seen this thread earlier or at the very least, been exposed to his music earlier. *slaps head* Thanks in advance for any input from you or others that are familiar with this artist.

Tom

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
count me in!

Saw him live 13 years ago up in Portland, Maine. Great live show! PS. No system does justice to his singing.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
He's extremely talented, great on stage, and a hell of a songwriter. Check out 'Dangerous Mood' if you haven't heard it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing