[ANNC] eBook on Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP

Mitchco

Dec 4, 2011
Hi Amir, I hope you don't mind me making an announcement.

I wrote an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for designing a custom digital filter that corrects the frequency and timing response of your loudspeakers in your listening environment so that the music arriving at your ears matches as closely as possible to the content on the recording.

To view the Table of Contents and read the first few chapters, click on the cover image "Look inside." https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FURPS40/

Enjoy the music!

Mitch

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Hi Amir, I hope you don't mind me making an announcement.

I wrote an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for designing a custom digital filter that corrects the frequency and timing response of your loudspeakers in your listening environment so that the music arriving at your ears matches as closely as possible to the content on the recording.

To view the Table of Contents and read the first few chapters, click on the cover image "Look inside." https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FURPS40/

Enjoy the music!

Mitch

Thanks Mitch its a great book and has already been helpful to me using Acourate. I've mentioned it here and Amir has lots of questions for you. ;)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Mitch its a great book and has already been helpful to me using Acourate. I've mentioned it here and Amir has lots of questions for you. ;)

Regardless of your persuasion: Subjectivist, obejctivist, neutral, vinylphile, digitalphile, filephile (?? :D) etc .. a must read.

Now, Mitch, why free? This has certainly taken many hours of research and likely pains. This kind of book cannot be written in one week, not even month. try months or even years. Great! Real and sincere congrats!

Mitchco

Dec 4, 2011
Michael thanks. I see there are a few reading comprehension issues. Thanks for adding the context. To be clear, the first paragraph of the book description is: This eBook provides the audio enthusiast with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for designing a custom digital filter that corrects the frequency and timing response of your loudspeakers in your listening environment so that the music arriving at your ears matches as closely as possible to the content on the recording.

Frantz, thank you for your kind words. Yes, it took considerable time and effort. But the book is not free, nor is it open source. Kindle unlimited is a monthly subscription service where some books can be read for free, under the subscription service. So, I am hoping folks can restrain themselves from posting copyright material to public forums :) Again, thank you for your kind comment.

Mitch

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Michael thanks. I see there are a few reading comprehension issues. Thanks for adding the context. To be clear, the first paragraph of the book description is: This eBook provides the audio enthusiast with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for designing a custom digital filter that corrects the frequency and timing response of your loudspeakers in your listening environment so that the music arriving at your ears matches as closely as possible to the content on the recording.

Frantz, thank you for your kind words. Yes, it took considerable time and effort. But the book is not free, nor is it open source. Kindle unlimited is a monthly subscription service where some books can be read for free, under the subscription service. So, I am hoping folks can restrain themselves from posting copyright material to public forums :) Again, thank you for your kind comment.

Mitch

Will purchase book. I am embarking on a journey. I will start with proper bass reproduction. Will move next to super duper speakers. Multi-subs will be maintain throughout the life of any system.
Would like to know more about your DIY horns, any links?

Mitchco

Dec 4, 2011
Will purchase book. I am embarking on a journey. I will start with proper bass reproduction. Will move next to super duper speakers. Multi-subs will be maintain throughout the life of any system.
Would like to know more about your DIY horns, any links?

Frantz, thank you. Sounds like a good journey!

No pics, prototype unit. But it started off as this: http://www.critesspeakers.com/cornscala-style-c.html I replaced both the tweeter horn and compression driver, that now sits on top of the cab. The new waveguide is almost as large as the 90 x 40 biradial midrange you see in the pic. That small horn in the pic had a narrow and lobing polar response, whereas the new high frequency waveguide has a 90 x 50 degree polar and blends right in with the midrange for good coverage as can be seen by the graph Michael posted in the other forum :) You will find measurements of both in the book along with observations.

I hope you enjoy the book and your journey!

Regards, Mitch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing