Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Not Gonna Tell How Great My MicroRendu plus Sonore Signature Power Supply Sounds!

Bravo Steve for resurrecting that pesky little "micro" thorn/thread that irritates and strangely threatens the bloated, "plug and pray" computing paradigm of yesteryear.

I myself have experimented with the Blizzard's NUC system and found it to be excellent and a step forward sonically in conjunction with Roon/HQPlayer. Despite the absence of level I data, I do believe the Rendu represents a step forward in the evolution of digital audio much like mobile, "micro" computing is part of the evolution away from the dinosaur of desktop computers. I certainly do not want a clunky desktop in my listening room:

Name:  RAMAC.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  149.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Geardaddy View Post
    I myself have experimented with the Blizzard's NUC system
    Guess where he learned that: using HQ player with an NAA (which is the proper term).
    Dedicated Audio lines | DSD256 | Audirvana+ | IFI IDSD Nano | DIY Single-Ended Triode Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Quote Originally Posted by YashN View Post
    Guess where he learned that: using HQ player with an NAA (which is the proper term).
    But of course...

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    We all learn from some place unless we invent. he was the most vocal about it and perhaps one of the very first here on WBF to push it. Let's at least give him that. Now that he doesn't post anymore here. We may need to learn to be more tolerant, mea culpa if I wasn't, his enthusiasm, willingness to share and to help and his knowledge (wherever he gleamed those information ) were a breath of fresh air. Was he annoying? Often! Shrill? Absolutely! Informative and dedicated? No doubt! and more than one have learn from him. It is too early to call the Rendu a revolution in the making, I don't see people abandoning their CAPS Zuma in drove. Let's see how well it will fare on the marketplace which is a rather cruel arbitrator.

P.S> I am still using Gary L. Koh Music "server" and don't care much about improving it ... I must be getting old or the entire OCDness of our hobby is getting under my skin
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by FrantzM View Post
    We all learn from some place unless we invent. he was the most vocal about it and perhaps one of the very first here on WBF to push it. Let's at least give him that. Now that he doesn't post anymore here. We may need to learn to be more tolerant, mea culpa if I wasn't, his enthusiasm, willingness to share and to help and his knowledge (wherever he gleamed those information ) were a breath of fresh air. Was he annoying? Often! Shrill? Absolutely! Informative and dedicated? No doubt! and more than one have learn from him. It is too early to call the Rendu a revolution in the making, I don't see people abandoning their CAPS Zuma in drove. Let's see how well it will fare on the marketplace which is a rather cruel arbitrator.

P.S> I am still using Gary L. Koh Music "server" and don't care much about improving it ... I must be getting old or the entire OCDness of our hobby is getting under my skin
    +1 on the Blizzinator. He has an almost autistic type bluntness to him with little to no filter and little if any nuanced interpersonal skills. I think Amir banned him. From what I gather, he has also been banned from Amir's new site "audiosciencereview.com." Seems to be a pattern for him....

I must be getting old or the entire OCDness of our hobby is getting under my skin
    I hear that.

For now...
    Wadia 581SE - Mark Levinson 432 - Sonus Faber Elipsa Red (SE) - GIK Acoustic panels - Kubala-Sosna cables - Finite Elemente Levelplus rack

We all learn from some place unless we invent.
    But not everyone tries to pass off knowledge he only recently learned from someone else as his own...
    Dedicated Audio lines | DSD256 | Audirvana+ | IFI IDSD Nano | DIY Single-Ended Triode Tube Amp | Totem Mites

But not everyone tries to pass off knowledge he only recently learned from someone else as his own...
    That pretty much describes most of us....

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    +1. And without any experience. Analogy would be me not listening to TTs yet cut pasting information on Thorens Ref, American Sounds, EMT 927 etc from this forum to another forum and calling myself a TT expert. Or pasting info from the apogeeacoustics forum without listening to the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    +1. And without any experience. Analogy would be me not listening to TTs yet cut pasting information on Thorens Ref, American Sounds, EMT 927 etc from this forum to another forum and calling myself a TT expert. Or pasting info from the apogeeacoustics forum without listening to the speakers.
    Most of audiophilia is predicated on a priori knowledge. The forums would be a stagnant pool without it....

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast