I'm Not Gonna Tell How Great My MicroRendu plus Sonore Signature Power Supply Sounds!

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
I haven't studied it sufficiently for myself to pass comment. The reason being I'm not at present interested in USB as a transmission medium within my own audio systems, a much simpler TF card player meets my needs better.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
What say ye of the Microrendu from a design standpoint?
From my perspective it stands on its own merit as a good sounding device which has solid design and real engineering behind it. All the theorists in the world cannot replace hands-on design by people who know what they're doing. All of the negatives that have been cast have no real basis in fact. Bad science is just useless. Using your own sense you realize how bad a laptop sounds, so how could these measurements have any real correlation with sound quality?

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
Don't you know it's just about reducing noise floor in the USB DAC ;)

Hi John,

We have something in common now, I feel honored.

I was just kicked out of the club that nobody wants to be a member of. :) All it takes is a few honest questions.

A very strange place indeed, where people have to forward messages to the moderator for posting because they do not want
to be soiled while posting there themselves.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Hi John,

We have something in common now, I feel honored.

I was just kicked out of the club that nobody wants to be a member of. :) All it takes is a few honest questions.

A very strange place indeed, where people have to forward messages to the moderator for posting because they do not want
to be soiled while posting there themselves.

Welcome, Bob.

Post moderated. Hi John let's try to be that much better here. No need to get personal .

@mods Edit: Ah, I was just having a bit of fun - humour can often be the most palatable way to tell truths :)
Just to reiterate my sig: "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited:

Cooler King

Jan 4, 2015
U.K.
So I'll throw my observations into this thread! I have to say I haven't read many of these posts, haven't the time. What I will say is that the microRendu has been nothing short of a revelation in my modest system! It has reignited my passion and appreciation for music in general. I'm listening, and more importantly, enjoying music like I did when I started this hobby many years ago. I want to listen and collect as much music as possible, like I did In the 'early days' the mR lets me do this. I couldn't care less about a subject than 'measurements'! When I listen to music, I'm listening to the musicians, not an oscilloscope!
To add to the experience I have an LPS-1 PSU on order as well as a Mutec MC-3 +USB, there are better things to come!

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Some of the early adopters of Uptone's LPS-1 power supply are already sharing their listening impressions of using it with Sonore's microRendu and more. A majority of great positive reviews so far.

Specific comparisons of the Sonore PS and the Uptone Audio LPS-1 with the microRendu will be interesting too.

Cooler King

Jan 4, 2015
U.K.
Some of the early adopters of Uptone's LPS-1 power supply are already sharing their listening impressions of using it with Sonore's microRendu and more. A majority of great positive reviews so far.

Specific comparisons of the Sonore PS and the Uptone Audio LPS-1 with the microRendu will be interesting too.

Yes, I've been reading with anticipation some of those comments on CA... The product looks good!. I've just received the Curious USB 'Regen Link' cable from Australia today. It's still early days, but straight away there seems to be positive results from it. Even more detail, but with a musical contribution as opposed to just detail for details sake (if that makes sense?). I'm absolutely loving this stuff!!

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I've just received the Curious USB 'Regen Link' cable from Australia today.

Could you compare it with a hard adapter and let us know the results? Thanks.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Could you compare it with a hard adapter and let us know the results? Thanks.
I compared both, with Audiopax CEO Silvio Pereira, in my system.
Curious link is much better than the hard adapter. We noted it specially on bass. It seems there were no bass before Curious link was used.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I compared both, with Audiopax CEO Silvio Pereira, in my system.
Curious link is much better than the hard adapter. We noted it specially on bass. It seems there were no bass before Curious link was used.

Gracias Joao!

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
So I'll throw my observations into this thread! I have to say I haven't read many of these posts, haven't the time. What I will say is that the microRendu has been nothing short of a revelation in my modest system! It has reignited my passion and appreciation for music in general. I'm listening, and more importantly, enjoying music like I did when I started this hobby many years ago. I want to listen and collect as much music as possible, like I did In the 'early days' the mR lets me do this. I couldn't care less about a subject than 'measurements'! When I listen to music, I'm listening to the musicians, not an oscilloscope!
To add to the experience I have an LPS-1 PSU on order as well as a Mutec MC-3 +USB, there are better things to come!

Interestingly, I also have the Mutec MC-2+ USB, microRendu, and LPS-1 (arrived over time in that order), and the LPS-1, powering the microRendu, does improve upon things significantly. It bests the Uptone Audio JS-2(which powers the LPS-1 now) in my system. Music out of my system has never been this good.

Cooler King

Jan 4, 2015
U.K.
Interestingly, I also have the Mutec MC-2+ USB, microRendu, and LPS-1 (arrived over time in that order), and the LPS-1, powering the microRendu, does improve upon things significantly. It bests the Uptone Audio JS-2(which powers the LPS-1 now) in my system. Music out of my system has never been this good.

The Mutec MC-3 +USB and the addition of the Curious USB cable has given much more improvement. I don't know what to expect when the LPS-1 arrives! Wow, what treats lie in store...

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I also use the Curious Regen link coupled with a TotalDAC USB cable with an Intona in the middle, because I couldn't do without either of those cables. I'm thinking about experimenting to see which one I can eliminate from the chain since the new additions have come in. All in all, the LPS-1 is a very worthwhile addition to my setup.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Those who is using MicroRendu with linear power supply, which is your prefer LPSU? I have HD plex LPSU, how much better is Sonore LPS compared to HDplex LPSU ? Before I buy either MicroRendu or MicroRendu + Sonore LPSU, doing some research . Let's see whether it's truly better than Aurender W20 as raved by Computer audiophile .

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
Those who is using MicroRendu with linear power supply, which is your prefer LPSU? I have HD plex LPSU, how much better is Sonore LPS compared to HDplex LPSU ? Before I buy either MicroRendu or MicroRendu + Sonore LPSU, doing some research . Let's see whether it's truly better than Aurender W20 as raved by Computer audiophile .

Funny that you ask this! I started this thread many months ago . I initially used the Microrendu with the 9v output of a HDPlex LPS hello sounded very nice and better than mine then CAPSv4 Pipeline powered by the HDPlex. However the Microrendu ran somewhat hot. I haven't got the Sonore Signature Power Supply and my sound significantly improved .

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Uptone LPS-1 seems like a cheaper option compare to Sonore LPS. As for HDplex which I have just bought , I thought I could use it to power the LPS-1 . Why use 9v output instead of adjusting to 7v as recommended for MicroRendu ? Curious how good is it compare to Aurender W20 which I used to own & the rave by Computer audiophile reviews piqued my interest

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
Uptone LPS-1 seems like a cheaper option compare to Sonore LPS. As for HDplex which I have just bought , I thought I could use it to power the LPS-1 . Why use 9v output instead of adjusting to 7v as recommended for MicroRendu ? Curious how good is it compare to Aurender W20 which I used to own & the rave by Computer audiophile reviews piqued my interest

At that time I had a HDPlex unit that came out before the adjustable one!

limniscate

Jul 16, 2016
Funny that you ask this! I started this thread many months ago . I initially used the Microrendu with the 9v output of a HDPlex LPS hello sounded very nice and better than mine then CAPSv4 Pipeline powered by the HDPlex. However the Microrendu ran somewhat hot. I haven't got the Sonore Signature Power Supply and my sound significantly improved .

I have the microrendu, LPS-1, and HD-Plex. My DAC is a Schiit Yggdrasil. I just got the LPS-1 and will report back after extensive listening. I'm also considering a Mutec MC-3+ USB, so I can use AES to the Yggy.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

Dream setup power-wise.

Disconnected-from-AC with the LPS-1, no leakage current/loop, and then the microRendu with its custom-designed I/O board including an enhanced Regen...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing