Money Monster

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I saw this film this afternoon with my wife. At first I was somewhat reluctant as it's MRQE score was only 56 however it was close to where we had lunch so we caught an afternoon showing. I figured it can't be all bad with George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Directed by Jodie Foster. At a running time of 95 minutes it was a no briner

Cast: George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jack O'Connell, Caitriona Balfe, Dominic West, Giancarlo Esposito
Director: Jodie Foster
Running Time: 95 min.
Synopsis:
TV stock-market guru Lee Gates (George Clooney) and his producer Patty (Julia Roberts) are held hostage during a live broadcast by a man (Jack O'Connell) who lost his life's savings due to Gates' financial advice. The captor soon forces the pair to probe a conspiracy involving the global economy. Jodie Foster directed this thriller

This was actually a good film to watch albeit with a predictable ending. Best way I can describe the movie was like a combination of Dog Day Afternoon and The Truman Show

It was also good to see a few familiar faces as supporting characters such as Caitriona Balfe who stars in Outlander as well as Giancarlo Esposito who we all remember so well from Breaking Bad where he played Gus

Definitely worth the price of a matinee admission or a rental from Net Flix

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I was tempted to go this weekend, but got scared they made a movie loosely about Cramer :)

I'm not terribly excited about the slate of May releases. Mostly superheros, kids movies, and sequels (gee, another X Men??)....but June has some interesting stuff.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Finally had the opportunity to see Money Monster this afternoon. Both my wife and I enjoyed it. Although a bit predictable (hard to find something that isn't now days) it had a few tense moments, some sad ones (when his wife showed up to talk to him) and just the right amount of humor.

Sure didn't mind seeing Caitriona Balfe's pretty eyes in a few close-ups.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing