Sonore microRendu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The YT subtitle says it all:

'The shockingly good Sonore microRendu networked audio adapter is versatile and extremely good sounding.'

I have one on order. Can't wait.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
That's for those who do not want to spend 10 min watchig the vid.

I will compare it to my maxed out music server and will report back here.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Don't be worshipping false idols ;)

The one who wrote on this forum he believes "1. That a degraded USB signal causes the receiver to ask for retransmission of USB data? Therefore he thought by strengthening the USB signal through a Hub chip, would help. "

Nope, doesn't happen in asynch USB, and that's not the explanation - it just wasn't understood correctly, or else the fabrication is deliberate.

Cool review.

Here is a pic of Vinnie Rossi using the DHT with the Sonore microrendu at AXPONA this year:

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
The one who wrote on this forum he believes "1. That a degraded USB signal causes the receiver to ask for retransmission of USB data? Therefore he thought by strengthening the USB signal through a Hub chip, would help. "

Nope, doesn't happen in asynch USB, and that's not the explanation - it just wasn't understood correctly, or else the fabrication is deliberate.
Yep, I couldn't believe this was actually someone actually posted this!!

Look forward to hearing your impressions, Adam

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Yep, I couldn't believe this was actually someone actually posted this!!

Never underestimate someone with an agenda or who lacks understanding, hiding behind his former 'Manager' status. :p

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Never underestimate someone with an agenda or who lacks understanding, hiding behind his former 'Manager' status. :p

I kinda knew when I could get out of him his idea of what the "flawed theory" was, that we would find out where the flaws actually lay & my hunch was fully vindicated :)
Neither point 1 nor point 2 were actually anything to do with Swenson's theory about the Regen's operation & attributing such uninformed notions to an engineer of Swenson's calibre is criminal

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Steve, perhaps you could set up a separate "put the boot into Amir" subforum. That would obviate the need for threads like this which you know full well are only intended to stir trouble.

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
Steve, perhaps you could set up a separate "put the boot into Amir" subforum. That would obviate the need for threads like this which you know full well are only intended to stir trouble.
Please watch the review. It is an excellent product well worthy of an audiophile's serious interest. If you have any thoughts on the MicroRendu, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards
Bob

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Please watch the review. It is an excellent product well worthy of an audiophile's serious interest.
How is yours working Bob?

I ordered mine today:
----
Payment details
For your purchase on May 13, 2016

Details

Sonore microRendu
Item no. microRendu w/iFi $690.00 USD

Subtotal $690.00 USD

Shipping $12.00 USD

Total $702.00 USD

---
I ordered it with the iFi power supply they recommend.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
In the great scheme of things it's an inexpensive investment.
It is not an investment. And it may be a total waste of money if it doesn't improve on a silent server I already have.

I don't know in whose books $700 is pocket change. There are plenty of things I would rather buy for $700.

Have you ordered one Steve?

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
How is yours working Bob?

I ordered mine today:
----
Payment details
For your purchase on May 13, 2016

Details

Sonore microRendu
Item no. microRendu w/iFi $690.00 USD

Subtotal $690.00 USD

Shipping $12.00 USD

Total $702.00 USD

---
I ordered it with the iFi power supply they recommend.
I actually have not purchased one yet, hope to get around to it eventually. The iFi supply is a decent starting point. Good linear supplies can be built or purchased that do not cost allot. Like anything else in this hobby, the sky is the limit if want wants to go that route. I would not go crazy and spend a fortune on a power supply.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It is not an investment. And it may be a total waste of money if it doesn't improve on a silent server I already have.

I don't know in whose books $700 is pocket change. There are plenty of things I would rather buy for $700.

I might and yes in the great scheme of things this is an inexpensive product. Why'd you buy one

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015

You might be surprised and find it an improvement. If you do not like it, you could always send it to me. ;)

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
Not sure which great scheme of things you are talking about. Perhaps it's chump change for the 5%, but the vast majority of the worlds population would not agree that it's inexpensive
Are the vast majority of the World population customers for this product... Or just audiophiles who often easily spend thousands on their systems...

What is your system comprised of?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Amir - I can bet you will not loose more than $100 if you decide to sell it in the next 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing