A Huge WBF Shoutout To JackD201

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Tao, it feels quixotic a lot of the time but every so often someone comes up to you to thank you for something you did for them or their community years ago and all the aggravation melts away. I got that a lot when campaigning. That felt good. :)

Thanks Tom, surveys never take the pins and needles away no matter how good they look.

Hey Ding, to be fair my opponent didn't really step on the gas. He is a very good man and actually a friend as we'd once served on the same board. He filed the day before I did and didn't know I was the one coming back. When we saw each other prior to the start of the campaign proper we exchanged a big hug and well wishes. If I were to have lost to any of my four opponents it would have been he I wouldn't have minded losing to. Someone told me that he posted his thanks on facebook and now intends to enjoy his retirement. I wish him the best but do hope he doesn't mind if I hit him up on policy advice now and then. A shame to let the wisdom of our elders go to waste.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I feel very fortunate to be friends with Jack. He made me realize first hand the wonders of having a proper music room. It was my experience in his room that seeded my mind into building a new music room. At that time, my wife was telling me to renovate my aging music room. But my time in Jack's room made me desire a new and bigger room. To make sure my project manager, contractor, and interior designer fully understand what I wanted, Jack generously hosted the team for a listen in his room. They all tremendously enjoyed the experience and remarked how three hours seemed to just fly by. Whatever enjoyment I derive from being an audiophile now is due to Jack making me realize how far a room can bring a system. Thank you Jack.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I feel very fortunate to be friends with Jack. He made me realize first hand the wonders of having a proper music room. It was my experience in his room that seeded my mind into building a new music room. At that time, my wife was telling me to renovate my aging music room. But my time in Jack's room made me desire a new and bigger room. To make sure my project manager, contractor, and interior designer fully understand what I wanted, Jack generously hosted the team for a listen in his room. They all tremendously enjoyed the experience and remarked how three hours seemed to just fly by. Whatever enjoyment I derive from being an audiophile now is due to Jack making me realize how far a room can bring a system. Thank you Jack.

I'm hoping to meet you in a few months

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Steve,

Same here. Please PM your schedule to me once it's set. I will be away from August 5 to August 10. Other than that, I will be just around looking forward to hosting you. I only have my digital source working as of now.

Sam

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Sam! August 5 to 10? If you'll be in Hong Kong then we might bump into each other sooner! :D

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Jack,

How I wish it is HK now that I know you'll be there.

My destination is Pattaya.

Sam

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing