A Huge WBF Shoutout To JackD201

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congratulations!!! Always great to see the good guys win!

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Way on the end of the list ... but it's congratulations from me. It was good to hear the back story - we need plenty of people who put driving energy into projects, who can make things happen - and do it with a good heart.

All the best in your future endeavours, Jack ...

Cheers,

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks so much everybody! Fortunately Congress is not as dramatic as House of Cards makes it out to be. LOL! Filipinos are in my very biased opinion wonderful people. When God gave out the good stuff, smiles where the first thing on his list for the people on our islands. Ours is a history filled with many hardships but it's that seemingly inexhaustible well of optimism that keeps those smiles on our faces. In the past many have exploited this trait but the number of people dedicated to creating a culture of excellence, of forming a true meritocracy, is growing and gaining ground. In my travels I've seen so many things we lack that other more prosperous nations take for granted. Infrastructure, health care, housing, public safety services, the list is a long one. So long that one can feel defeated before even beginning. Good thing we can just smile and roll up our sleeves once again. Best of all, in my experience, the higher the stress levels, the greater the increase in listening time :D

There will always be temptation but with friends like you to keep me grounded I feel confident I can be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Thank you all once again.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
congrats Jack..

Jack is a the coolest guy you will ever meet ?

yes, he is friends with Senator Pacquiao, and the outgoing President of the Philippines, Noynoy Aquino... who happens to be a fellow Von Schweikert user ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Ding :) In your Province, Gov. Mandanas is back as your Governor. He's an honorable guy and I believe he'll do a good job once again. Your province had many excellent choices. Too bad they all couldn't have won. One of his opponents, Mark Mendoza is a very good guy but he's young and hopefully he'll bounce back after this.

I'm not close to Manny. Actually, it's Jimmy who is because Manny was one of our network talents (he had a game show). I'll see what I can do about getting an autograph for Bruce. Manny has moved from Congress to the Senate. Maybe if we happen to be assigned to a bi-cameral conference committee together I might get a chance. ;)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks Ding :) In your Province, Gov. Mandanas is back as your Governor. He's an honorable guy and I believe he'll do a good job once again. Your province had many excellent choices. Too bad they all couldn't have won. One of his opponents, Mark Mendoza is a very good guy but he's young and hopefully he'll bounce back after this.

I'm not close to Manny. Actually, it's Jimmy who is because Manny was one of our network talents (he had a game show). I'll see what I can do about getting an autograph for Bruce. Manny has moved from Congress to the Senate. Maybe if we happen to be assigned to a bi-cameral conference committee together I might get a chance. ;)

Ha! Jack--No buddy I was only Joking!!--no need for the Autograph--I did some work for the wife of Evander Hollyfields Promoter--who obtained EV's signature on a T-Shirt for me

Always great to read your informative Comments and appreciate the effort to make this site as good as it can be--Kudos!

BruceD

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada

we were following the election a little more closely this year, my wife's aunt and her husband both lost their bid in their hometown Surigao City. Former congressman Jun Romarate ran for governor against the formidable Matugas family. Like you, Uncle Jun was a 3 term congressman, his wife served in city council, and lost the bid for city mayor to another member of Matugas family. Jun's daughter retained her post as mayor in a small town.

I think our former town mayor (in Calaca, Batangas) won as vice governor in Batangas.

interesting to see what the future holds for the Philippines under the tough talking Duterte... wow, amazing how Facebook played a big role in their campaign... I think it is safe to assume that Steve will be safe from "laglag bala" when he visits Manila in August:p

Nice to see you back in congress.. Should I start campaigning for JackD for President 2022? ;)

and talking about campaign, how were you able to do it? In 36 to 40 plus temperature and high humidity? I heard it is extremely hot over there this year... my brain literally get paralyzed when we go to places with no airconditioning when we visited there in May/June 2011 and 2012. I joked about going to Manila to my wife while watching the weather forecast at gmanews last night, she said no way - she'll literally melt over there :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You forget I'm tropicalized LOL

Yeah it was sweltering. I had 10 campaign shirts. I'd go through three a day.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Don't worry about it Steve. Ding is pulling your leg. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hahahahaha! Your safe I promise :)

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Congratulations Jack!

I had the pleasure of living in your country as a child and you embody everything that is great about the Philippines. Good luck in your endeavors.

I'm coming to see you one of these days........

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations Jack,

Really good to see a man of true conscience in government. It must feel just fantastic to be able to help improve the life of your people but I'm sure that there is no easy pathway to lead and be of consequence in any office of the people. Good on you for taking on the challenge.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I just looked it up. Says it happens 40 times a day.

I'm not worried. Remember the movie West World "where nothing can go wrong,........where nothing can go wrong" :)

as Jack said, no need to worry about it Steve, I was just joking.. the 40 times a day report is highly exaggerated.

Philippines is very tourist friendly.. you'll be surprised to see how many tourists go through that airport everyday. I was told that some Japanese golfers would rather go to the Philippines to golf, than play in local courses.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Way to go Jack! I was waiting for the day when I would hear of this news. Never had a doubt in my mind. Bravo sir! I'm proud of ya' bro'!!! ;)

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations Jack!

I had the pleasure of living in your country as a child and you embody everything that is great about the Philippines. Good luck in your endeavors.

I'm coming to see you one of these days........

Rodney! I aim to visit you again too :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing