Receptacle Tension Tester

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
That's mechanical tension, not high voltage.

Leviton’s new RTT99 Receptacle Tension Tester is a versatile digital handheld device that measures the amount of
retention force applied to inserted plug blades by line and ground contacts in electrical receptacles and outlets.
Individual line and ground contact forces are measured quickly and accurately and displayed digitally, allowing the user
to record the retention force of each contact. The RTT99 is intended for use in 15 or 20 Amp straight blade receptacles
and outlets rated at 125 or 250 Volt

http://communities.leviton.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/2143-102-1-3291/Spec RTT99.pdf

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's really cool Kevin. I saw one get sold on ebay for $200 but can't find pricing otherwise.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
After further investigation it appears that they discontinued the product years ago. Today was the first time I heard about it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks like a fish scale but in reverse for outlets :D. I guess that is all you need for something like this. A spring and a dial.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing