Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: My Munich 2016 notes

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Looking around for information about power conditioners I found some references to a french brand JMF Audio, who manufactures a full range of electronics and horn speakers. I also found some praising references to their exhibition in the Munich 2016 show. Did any of our members listen to their demo?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's, DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and Audio Research REF40 ...

Addicted to Best!
    I sat and listened for a bit. The room was engaging and they played excellent music, both classical and jazz. I'd put the room in the upper half of what I heard at the show. Speaker aesthetics aren't my favorite but still fairly nice. Build quality looked fine but I didn't do too much up close examining. Was one of those places that unfortunately I found after a tiring stretch and sat down for a rest because the music was nice but I didn't do any follow up. They are on my list to visit again if I make it back next year.

Beau

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Looking around for information about power conditioners I found some references to a french brand JMF Audio, who manufactures a full range of electronics and horn speakers. I also found some praising references to their exhibition in the Munich 2016 show. Did any of our members listen to their demo?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Yes good midrange but not for me on orchestral as they had a boxy sound similar to Tannoys and AN-Es which I don't like, but some do. Not possible to comment on power conditioner and power cables based on show demo but audioblazer rates them pretty high

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Yes, Marc (SpiritofMusic) and I listened to them briefly. I agree with Bonzo the midrange was good, but it seemed to be a very conventional horn-over-a-cone-in-a-box design. I liked better several other horn speakers I heard in Munich.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: Thorens Reference (to come); tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

Hi Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I liked better several other horn speakers I heard in Munich.
    Which ones (horn speakers) did you like and ones didn't you like?

Cheers,
    Christoph

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph View Post
    Hi Ron

Which ones (horn speakers) did you like and ones didn't you like?

Cheers,
    Christoph
    Please see: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...068#post397068
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: Thorens Reference (to come); tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678