Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My Munich 2016 notes

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Thanks. Good to see you too. You are my led zep hero
    Indeed it was mate
    Amplifier - Audio Note Empress Silver mono blocks, Hattor passive pre
    Digital - Mac Mini, Lampizator Atlantic Plus
    Analogue - Nottingham Analogue TT, Jelco 750D Denon Dl 103, EAR 834P Phono Stage c/w Vintage Telefunken valves.
    Speakers - Autotech Horns Mummys
    Cables - Western Electric Speaker cables and AudioNote AN-VX Interconnects and also Albedo

Addicted to Best! thedudeabides's Avatar
    Anyone get a chance to hear the Leedh speakers?

Glad to know you liked Autotec. Many people dismissed those horns as they were in a small room, seems like you, Morricab and I did take the trouble. Very natural sound on acoustic classical
    I was with Morricab and I really liked the Autotech Horns Universum a lot. They were my positive surprise this year.

How did you like the Living Voice Vox Palladian, Ked?
    It looks as if only Morricab and me were totally blown away by this room...
    For me, this room stands so far above all the other demos, it's not in another league, it's another sport. And that for the last 4 (?) years.

Addicted To Best
    Yes, I note this video of that room - it ticks a lot of boxes for me ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9rTY8ZqSuw

I heard the Leedhs only one time because they shared playtime with some other speakers in the room.
    What I heard was very good, huge soundstage. They were placed very wide apart with much toe in but it worked really well.
    Transparency was excellent and imaging was good, maybe even a little bigger than life, the least what one would expect from looking at them.

Sure one of the few pleasant surprises of the show for me.

It's quite good for its size. but if the small Stenheim does what it promised at the show, I think it can blow away all of that cone speaker category - wilson, magico, vivid, TAD, etc.
    I believe the Stenheim designer was at Goldmund and the small speaker is his more recent take on the Goldmund Epilog 1.
    Goldmund Reference/T3f TT, Ortofon A90, EMT 938 Decca gold, Chord Blu, Goldmund Mimesis 36+, [Goldmund Mimesis 22,20,29.5], Devialet Original d'Atelier, Beresford Caiman II, Chord Hugo, Geek Out 1000, Job Pre2, Job225, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, Tune Audio Anima, Lynx Theta, Revox B77, StellaDAT, Metric Halo MIO2, Metric Halo LIO8, copper cables (mainly)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by f1eng View Post
    I believe the Stenheim designer was at Goldmund and the small speaker is his more recent take on the Goldmund Epilog 1.
    Yes but they sound very different based on this show demo

Yes but they sound very different based on this show demo
    Shame. I am over paying Goldmund prices.
    Goldmund Reference/T3f TT, Ortofon A90, EMT 938 Decca gold, Chord Blu, Goldmund Mimesis 36+, [Goldmund Mimesis 22,20,29.5], Devialet Original d'Atelier, Beresford Caiman II, Chord Hugo, Geek Out 1000, Job Pre2, Job225, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, Tune Audio Anima, Lynx Theta, Revox B77, StellaDAT, Metric Halo MIO2, Metric Halo LIO8, copper cables (mainly)

Quote Originally Posted by f1eng View Post
    No,

the original Stenheim guys were ex-Goldmund and left years ago. They then left Stenheim selling to to Panchard who is ex-Nagra.

If anything the small Stenheim is more like the proLogos.

Note that all Goldmund speakers to different to everything out there, as they are totally computer designed with the proteus software.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    No,

the original Stenheim guys were ex-Goldmund and left years ago. They then left Stenheim selling to to Panchard who is ex-Nagra.

If anything the small Stenheim is more like the proLogos.

Note that all Goldmund speakers to different to everything out there, as they are totally computer designed with the proteus software.
    I bought my Epilogs almost 20 years ago, pre Proteus software. I compared Wilson WAMM, Wilson Grand slamm, Goldmund Apologue, Goldmund Analog, B&W Nautilus and chose the Epilog, they are still the best speakers I have heard.
    I have heard about integrated digital transmission mods but haven't heard them. I have a standing invitation to go to Switzerland to listen to the latest kit but the prices were high when I bought mine but have moved to a different planet since so I have not been.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast