Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My Munich 2016 notes

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Please note disclaimer in my post: " Show conditions are unfair, so there is not much you can say unless you can compare, at best you can choose to like things to pursue." I am sure the gear is good, but the show room was not. The low resolution actually points to the set up more than the gear, really. Because I have heard up close M7 and other Kondo amps of much lower quality comparatively of the same brand and they have been fine.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    Just to make sure that people reading this thread do not get confused, the new M3 Magico speakers were just announced two weeks ago. First deliveries are scheduled for Q3 2016. The MPros and the S5II's were at the show in different rooms. There were no M3's at the show, the only M3's are at the Magico factory at this point in time.

Also regarding Bonzo's comments regarding the Kaiser/Kondo room -

"Then went to kaiser kawero with kondo g1000 which is much costlier and supposedly better than m1000. With kondo TT, arm and cart. Took out the Artur Rubinstein. Bummer. Super low resolution on the rubinstein. No dynamics. Scheherazade. Nothing."

Again to make sure anyone reading this hears the complete story as to not be confused by one person's opinion, I worked in the Kondo/Kaiser room for four full days. I exaggerate not 1% with this comment- Over the course of four days, there were somewhere between 20 and 30 times (I can't be specific, sorry) after the playing of mostly classical pieces with 40+ people in the room, at the end of the selection, a united clapping session of approval after the piece had finished. Not being in other rooms I cannot say how much this happened, I am sure many times in many rooms, although it definitely happened in this room, I experienced it.

Also working in the room, not once solicited but I was on the receiving end of "thank you so much" I/we enjoyed this room as well as any room that we entered at the show. There were also so many (maybe 200+) people who just muttered "best sound" as they got up and left.

Now, I am totally biased in my opinion as I represent both Kondo and Kaiser in the US, all I am saying here is what I observed and experienced, nothing to do with what I thought of the room or sound. I understand about producing sound at shows and all that it entails, I enjoy the shows for the interaction with designers, ,dealers, customers and manufactures, learning about new concepts and products, but that's just me, others prefer to "judge the sound" in a convention center or a hotel, that's fine, it is their prerogative. I respect everyone's opinion, although in this case a reader might have gone away with the damming impression of this particular room and I felt it justified to tell "the other side of the story".

I apologize if I offend anyone with my comments, all the best.
    Well, I gotta go with Bonzo on this one. I too thought the Kondo/Kaiser room a huge disappointment...especially when one takes price into consideration. The other room with all Kondo kit, and Living Voice speakers, was world's apart...and sadly world's better.

Just to make sure that people reading this thread do not get confused, the new M3 Magico speakers were just announced two weeks ago. First deliveries are scheduled for Q3 2016. The MPros and the S5II's were at the show in different rooms. There were no M3's at the show, the only M3's are at the Magico factory at this point in time.
    Thanks, rvisinta. I thought I had read somewhere that the Magico M3 would be debuted in Munich. I must have been mistaken. Do you know when and where they will have their first public demonstration?
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Ciao Bonzo,

seems we have similar taste,
    among the best rooms i liked a lot small stenheim,even if 50.000 euro plus vat is a lot,and Autoteck.
    About Kondo/Kawero,the speaker was too small in that big room and not perfect match wich Kondo,for my taste.
    I have Audio note/Kondo since 25 years,and their dynamic and natural sound is very good.
    Ciao
    Gianluigi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Ciao Bonzo,

among the best rooms i liked a lot small stenheim,even if 50.000 euro plus vat is a lot,and Autoteck.
    About Kondo/Kawero,the speaker was too small in that big room and not perfect match wich Kondo,for my taste.
    I have Audio note/Kondo since 25 years,and their dynamic and natural sound is very good.
    Ciao
    Gianluigi
    Have you heard those two speakers outside show conditions?

never because are not imported in Italy,but i have very good impression in the show

Do you like TAD CR1?

Blog Entries
    never because are not imported in Italy,but i have very good impression in the show

Do you like TAD CR1?
    It's quite good for its size. but if the small Stenheim does what it promised at the show, I think it can blow away all of that cone speaker category - wilson, magico, vivid, TAD, etc.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar

Also regarding Bonzo's comments regarding the Kaiser/Kondo room -

"Then went to kaiser kawero with kondo g1000 which is much costlier and supposedly better than m1000. With kondo TT, arm and cart. Took out the Artur Rubinstein. Bummer. Super low resolution on the rubinstein. No dynamics. Scheherazade. Nothing."

Again to make sure anyone reading this hears the complete story as to not be confused by one person's opinion, I worked in the Kondo/Kaiser room for four full days. I exaggerate not 1% with this comment- Over the course of four days, there were somewhere between 20 and 30 times (I can't be specific, sorry) after the playing of mostly classical pieces with 40+ people in the room, at the end of the selection, a united clapping session of approval after the piece had finished. Not being in other rooms I cannot say how much this happened, I am sure many times in many rooms, although it definitely happened in this room, I experienced it.

Also working in the room, not once solicited but I was on the receiving end of "thank you so much" I/we enjoyed this room as well as any room that we entered at the show. There were also so many (maybe 200+) people who just muttered "best sound" as they got up and left.

Now, I am totally biased in my opinion as I represent both Kondo and Kaiser in the US, all I am saying here is what I observed and experienced, nothing to do with what I thought of the room or sound. I understand about producing sound at shows and all that it entails, I enjoy the shows for the interaction with designers, ,dealers, customers and manufactures, learning about new concepts and products, but that's just me, others prefer to "judge the sound" in a convention center or a hotel, that's fine, it is their prerogative. I respect everyone's opinion, although in this case a reader might have gone away with the damming impression of this particular room and I felt it justified to tell "the other side of the story".

I apologize if I offend anyone with my comments, all the best.

Hi, I actually visited this room twice...... It sounded nice and I am truly biased towards the Kawero. I think they are brilliant speakers. But in all honesty, they sounded far better last year ( don't remember what was driving them) than this year. Not sure whether the speakers used last year were the same....If my memory serves me right, last year they played the Kawero Classic?? But definitely I liked the presentation last year more! Maybe it was to do with the electronics.

Cheers

Sujay

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar

Do you like TAD CR1?
    The TAD compact evolution smokes them all.....in fact they are good enough to best floorstanders of repute. In fact, I think just to prove the point they were playing large scale orchestral pieces through the compact evolutions, and they sounded nothing short of astounding to me! I didn't hear the CR1s but I guess they will be in another league altogether, if partnered with the right electronics

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Ciao Bonzo,

Ciao
    Gianluigi
    Glad to know you liked Autotec. Many people dismissed those horns as they were in a small room, seems like you, Morricab and I did take the trouble. Very natural sound on acoustic classical

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast