New Titles: Yello "One Sceond" and Star Wars 4 - 6, Reiner Sound from Horch House

Horch.jpg

MOC, Munich High End 5 - 8 May 2016

Horch House had a terrific active display of their latest titles, including:
Holst - The Planets
John Williams' Star Wars OST Episodes 4 - 6
Orff: Carmina Buranaus
Reiner Sound - Ravel/Rachmaninoff
Yello "One Second"

The Stellvox R2R looked & sounded stunning on headphones. This was an incredibly busy booth. Volker mentioned that they sold almost 5,000 albums last year on tape.

Met Rick Brown (HiFi 1 in Carlsbad, CA) emptying his wallet of Euros as he bought the Reiner Sound & Yello "One Second" Horch House do not take credit cards at the MOC. Rick was like a child in a candy store, gushing with enthusiasm for these new releases.

Spent quite a bit of time chatting with Volker Lang, who kindly took my cash & is shipping a bunch of albums to me including Yello "One Second". Volker is also sending us compilation tapes that we can use at the Newport Show next month. Volker mentioned some serious pop titles, that will be announced in the coming months as the contracts are signed.

Volker also mentioned that they are gearing up to duplicate cassettes in real time on 20 reVox cassete decks along with the 15 1/4" tape recorders that they currently use.

Thanks Philip. Love to hear Yello One Second on tape!

Amir,

You are right its a v strong album. The standout track being Shirley Bassey's The Rhythm Divine.
The Yello albums have always consistently been really well recorded.

Should be fun ! Are you going to Newport ?

Philip

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir,

You are right its a v strong album. The standout track being Shirley Bassey's The Rhythm Divine.
The Yello albums have always consistently been really well recorded.

Should be fun ! Are you going to Newport ?

Philip

90% chance yes. Are you going to be there? If so, this is how I will look this time:

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
View attachment 26912

MOC, Munich High End 5 - 8 May 2016

Horch House had a terrific active display of their latest titles, including:
Holst - The Planets
John Williams' Star Wars OST Episodes 4 - 6
Orff: Carmina Buranaus
Reiner Sound - Ravel/Rachmaninoff
Yello "One Second"

The Stellvox R2R looked & sounded stunning on headphones. This was an incredibly busy booth. Volker mentioned that they sold almost 5,000 albums last year on tape.

Met Rick Brown (HiFi 1 in Carlsbad, CA) emptying his wallet of Euros as he bought the Reiner Sound & Yello "One Second" Horch House do not take credit cards at the MOC. Rick was like a child in a candy store, gushing with enthusiasm for these new releases.

Spent quite a bit of time chatting with Volker Lang, who kindly took my cash & is shipping a bunch of albums to me including Yello "One Second". Volker is also sending us compilation tapes that we can use at the Newport Show next month. Volker mentioned some serious pop titles, that will be announced in the coming months as the contracts are signed.

Volker also mentioned that they are gearing up to duplicate cassettes in real time on 20 reVox cassete decks along with the 15 1/4" tape recorders that they currently use.

Glad to hear more Horch House titles are coming. I have the Star Wars and Reiner albums here on DSD Wafer Card.
Always looking for more DSD from HH. :)

Amir,

I like your sense of humour !

We will be in Pelican Hill on the ground floor with our local dealer Joe Cali and we will have the new Shunyata Denali line conditioner. No idea as to which products from OAHN we will use. Though I am sure will have a prototype NADAC with an on-board music server for playing multi-channel music.

Will definitely play 1/4" 15ips tape, unsure about 1/2" 30ips tape. Hard to borrow R2R from Rome with a nine hour time difference.

I look forward to seeing you again,

Philip

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
90% chance yes. Are you going to be there? If so, this is how I will look this time:

Hey Amir, come out and admit it. You're a guy who wants multiple tonearms on his turntable! No denying it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing