Horch House ordering

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Has anyone ordered anything from Horch House? None of the products seem to be available via traditional audiophile store websites so it looks like "direct" only. But there just seems to be three email addresses depending upon where you live. So I was just wondering how the ordering process went for you and how it all worked please.

Thanks

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I have quite a few of their tapes, including most all of their classical and the complete Oscar Peterson set. It was in 2014, and they still were using the name of Volker Lange's main company, Lutz Precision. They had pretty good turnaround, although Volker sometimes didn't respond immediately to emails. It looks like they have more resources in place as they are building up production of their tape recorders. Having a partnership with Revox appears to be very good also. I seem to remember using paypal, not sure. With the Euro weaker, the price of the tapes is more attractive than 2 years ago, at least in USD.

Larry

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Hemiola selling there gold collection for a discounted price of €250 instead of €280 at Munich show . Normal tapes €200 instead of €220

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
I have quite a few of their tapes, including most all of their classical and the complete Oscar Peterson set. It was in 2014, and they still were using the name of Volker Lange's main company, Lutz Precision. They had pretty good turnaround, although Volker sometimes didn't respond immediately to emails. It looks like they have more resources in place as they are building up production of their tape recorders. Having a partnership with Revox appears to be very good also. I seem to remember using paypal, not sure. With the Euro weaker, the price of the tapes is more attractive than 2 years ago, at least in USD.

Larry

Thanks Larry. Actually even the Aussie dollar is not going too badly against the Euro, so buying in Euros is reasonably good at the moment especially as I am not slogged with VAT. I am actually interested in the LPs only because as much as I would love to I cannot afford to go the tape route at this time. They have the Gulda Well-Tempered Klavier recording from the early 70s and I would like to pounce on it before they are all gone.

Incidentally I have listened to the sound samples of the tape products on the website and even though they have gone through the inevitable degradations in order for me to do that, I can tell that these are a cut above the best LP versions of these. As I would expect if it is all done properly. With the Reiner Sound, it is the Classic Records 45 RPM version that comes closest in terms of alternative formats and remasterings to what I am hearing of the Horch release.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing