What Really Matters?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Hello still-one,
Thank you for your feedback but I think that you really overlooked the essence of my comments. Of course, we all attempt - within our means and constraints - to optimise our listening pleasure by various methods, both substantial and necessary as well as psycho-acoustic. My article made no inferences to the opposite; in fact, it did not touch on these at all.
As for the comment that you found ''somewhat insulting'', please place it in its COMPLETE context by reading the sentence that follows. If you still find it deprecatory ( insulting ) then it is also self-deprecating because I referred to all the passionate audiophiles, including myself!
The agitation that is sensed in your response is really not justified. If anything, the ethos of my comments was good-spirited with the intention of soothing our ''insanity".
Cheers, Kostas.

Don't worry, Kostas, I did not find that comment insulting, and I neither record nor play an instrument.

I did find your comments on the CLX speakers a bit navel-gazing, but that's o.k. Not that I am not guilty of this myself at times.

Eichenbaum

Sep 29, 2013
Who would you invite to help you choose a new pre-amp? A deaf electronic engineer or a blind musician?

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Who would you invite to help you choose a new pre-amp? A deaf electronic engineer or a blind musician?

It's a crapshoot. One is probably about as valuable (or worthless) as the other. :eek:

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016

I would post on this board and ask for advice from members about the type of pre-amps I am considering. Right now in my desktop system I am using the Parasound ZPre v2 in a system of all Z components. In my hometheater I use a Marantz 7702 for hometheater and a Sunfire TG3 for 2 channel. I am thinking about getting the Sunfire Classic Tube pre-amp but don't know. The TG3 sounds amazing in 2 channel and it gives me added flexibility in my HT setup too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing