A Drummers Dream on Netflix

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
If you want to test the dynamics of your speakers and your subwoofer you MUST watch this movie. Superstar drummers lead a one week camp for students of the drums. It is FULL od amazing solos and music and really focuses on the joy and happiness that playing drums can bring. Excellent! :cool:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Watched this as soon as I read this post as I am stuck in a chair after knee surgery.
Awesome watch, I like all the drummers in it except Magaini for two reasons, he might be fast but he has no soul, and two he sucked all the life out of Dream Theaters music (that one is personal). He just sounds flat.
The Latin drummers owned the show hands down. Some phenomenal groves there.
Chambers is a stud with soul, loved Kenwood on Brand X Livestock.

A most enjoyable watch and listen.

Last edited:

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
Watched this as soon as I read this post as I am stuck in a chair after knee surgery.
Awesome watch, I like all the drummers in it except Magaini for two reasons, he might be fast but he has no soul, and two he sucked all the life out of Dream Theaters music (that one is personal). He just sounds flat.
The Latins owned the show hands down. Some phenomenal groves there.

Watch this concert clip of Santana recorded in 2011, both the drummer and the conga player are in the Drummers Dream movie (BTW, neither are Latin FWIW):

https://qello.com/concert/Greatest-Hits-Live-at-Montreux-2011-4247

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
First and foremost, you suck! But in a good way! :eek::p Thank you so very much for the new Quello addiction! Subscription activated.
As much as an audio snob as I am, I really like to watch concert/live performances more, with good sound.

Second I meant it as a style of drumming, not their personal genetics, so I went back and fixed it. :D

I have seen Santana many times over the years, never, even once left less than pumped up after the concert.

Here a few of my personal favorites and the original drummer for Dream Theater.

https://qello.com/concert/Live-in-Tokyo-5402#track-5402-1

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
First and foremost, you suck! But in a good way! :eek::p Thank you so very much for the new Quello addiction! Subscription activated.
As much as an audio snob as I am, I really like to watch concert/live performances more, with good sound.

Second I meant it as a style of drumming, not their personal genetics, so I went back and fixed it. :D

I have seen Santana many times over the years, never, even once left less than pumped up after the concert.

Here a few of my personal favorites and the original drummer for Dream Theater.

https://qello.com/concert/Live-in-Tokyo-5402#track-5402-1

Thanks for posting this. Qello is awesome, I can start watching in the morning and the next thing you know its after lunch. So many great shows. Check out the setlists and the different channels on Qello TV.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The Latin drummers owned the show hands down. Some phenomenal groves there.

Mike Mangini. :b ...Prompt rétablissement Mike.

An awesome Best World Drummer's Documentary. ...Illuminating, Expanding, a Force of Nature to be reckon with.
Essential viewing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing