Air Force 1 Premium - New Flagship

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, that is impressive. What were you playing that on? It looks like that recording is only available on CD.

It was a vinyl rca victor red seal 33...a lot of clicks and pops. I am buying 45 wanting to see how better they are. I played on AF1P/SAT/MSL Platinum. In real room you will be surprise how good they can be comparing to tape with Doshi. I see you and I have the same.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
After a successful trial on Kronos, This morning I tried the Dalby Constellation Titanium Stabilizer on the AF1P. Switching between Techdas original weight and Dalby. The easiest equipment to test hehe. Take only a few songs to know the Dalby is superior. The weight of instrument and dynamic is obviously more with Dalby. Put on the Techdas regular weight, and I asked myself where did that guitar attack went. The rhythm and flow of music is also better. But this Dalby has to be careful when using with SAT or some other arm with wide headshell. At the end of record, the headshell will hit the Dalby first.

1850976D-D5CE-45D6-844B-95BCA7B3DC38.jpg

Kind regards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It was a vinyl rca victor red seal 33...a lot of clicks and pops. I am buying 45 wanting to see how better they are. I played on AF1P/SAT/MSL Platinum. In real room you will be surprise how good they can be comparing to tape with Doshi. I see you and I have the same.

Kind regards,
Tang

Is this the Scheherazade you are referring to? You have the original RCA victor? In this particular case the Analog Productions reissue in the 33s is supposed to be better, and the classic 45 rpm that Mike has is even better. Madfloyd has both 33s and 45s of both Analog productions and Classic records for this piece.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Is this the Scheherazade you are referring to? You have the original RCA victor? In this particular case the Analog Productions reissue in the 33s is supposed to be better, and the classic 45 rpm that Mike has is even better. Madfloyd has both 33s and 45s of both Analog productions and Classic records for this piece.

Yes, Scheherazade. I don’t have the original. I have easy to find Analog Productions both in 33 and 45...and tape.

Best,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The Techdas has a very very quiet background with the MSL.

Tang

MatthewC

Aug 27, 2014
After a successful trial on Kronos, This morning I tried the Dalby Constellation Titanium Stabilizer on the AF1P. Switching between Techdas original weight and Dalby. The easiest equipment to test hehe. Take only a few songs to know the Dalby is superior. The weight of instrument and dynamic is obviously more with Dalby. Put on the Techdas regular weight, and I asked myself where did that guitar attack went. The rhythm and flow of music is also better. But this Dalby has to be careful when using with SAT or some other arm with wide headshell. At the end of record, the headshell will hit the Dalby first.

View attachment 39466

Kind regards,
Tang

Fascinating. Tango have you tried the tungsten weight from techdas? It is also significantly better than the regular version so I am quite interested to hear your opinion....

Thanks!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tango, how does your new Axiom arm compare to the SAT?

Hi Peter,

Just took my boy to bed.
The sonic difference is small. The price difference is big. At first hearing you can probably get the same WOW from the detail retrieval ability of either arm. My Axiom came after SAT and I am used to with SAT sound so frankly I wasn’t WOWing at first heard of Axiom. The quality of arm/cart setup has a lot more difference than the delta of two arms. Only when you do analytical listening, have them next to each other in equally good cart setting, you hear that last 2-3% difference. I know both designers of the two arms and they probably wouldn’t agree with what I say here. Imo SAT digs out info a bit more and with sharper leading edge than the Axiom. The Axiom is a bit smoother and a tad warmer in comparison. However, I can switch phono between Ayon and EMT and the smoothness and warmth I said can be added to SAT. (I am talking smoothness not refinement. SAT is very detail and very very refine.) With Axiom I don’t have any problem with RFI but with SAT I have to place its cable at the right place. What SAT can improve is the cable shielding. This is from top of my head. I am very happy with both SAT and Axiom. You will see more Axioms in my system. I pay less with Axiom but I get special services and customizations from Dietrich. He came to do his things for me three times already and will be coming again next month. Actually he has a new TOL all titanium Axiom coming out but I am already happy with the current Axiom. He also will ship his phono stage for me to try. I told him I have enough phono..too late amigo.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Fascinating. Tango have you tried the tungsten weight from techdas? It is also significantly better than the regular version so I am quite interested to hear your opinion....

Thanks!

Hello Matthew,

No, I haven’t tried. Boonyarat has been lureing me with this Tungsten. Normally he would kindly send me things to try in my system if I ask. But I now have the Dalby working very well, I doubt he would risk sending the tungsten to me to try...fearing my big mouth :p.

By the way, Bonzo is selling his Dalby weight at an attractive price. I know one AF1 user in Thailand confirms that this Dalby( the same model Bonzo has) works beautifully in his system..better than the Techdas regular weight. My Dalby is a newer one.

Best,
Tang

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Compare between the 1st version standard designed Disc stabilizer from TechDAS with current flagship Ultimate TUNGSTEN. It's very easily to hear different as so much sound improved and much better when use the Ultimate Tungsten disc stabilizer on my AF1 PREMIUM . I believed no one know better than Nishikawa-san on how to made his turntable go further better ,just like this Ultimate TUNGSTEN . Thanks for his research ,designing,testing and producing this special item that worth for all TechDAS owners to try , you can't go wrong with this :):):)

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Compare between the 1st version standard designed Disc stabilizer from TechDAS with current flagship Ultimate TUNGSTEN. It's very easily to hear different as so much sound improved and much better when use the Ultimate Tungsten disc stabilizer on my AF1 PREMIUM . I believed no one know better than Nishikawa-san on how to made his turntable go further better ,just like this Ultimate TUNGSTEN . Thanks for his research ,designing,testing and producing this special item that worth for all TechDAS owners to try , you can't go wrong with this :):):)

although I haven't heard the tungsten version the reports here on WBF from TechDas users state that the tungsten version is in a league of its own. JackD201 has stated that he cannot live without the tungsten version in his system

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I will help you a bit Khun Boon.

As the price of Dalby and the Tungsten are in the same level, better take the advise from Boonyarat. It makes a lot more sense. You have to be crazy and a bit stupid like me to pick Dalby for AF1.

Tang:cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

As the price of Dalby and the Tungsten are in the same level, better take the advise from Boonyarat. It makes a lot more sense. You have to be crazy and a bit stupid like me to pick Dalby for AF1.

doesn't it concern you that at the end of the record the head shell touches the Dalby

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND

Thanks a lot Khun Tang for your kind wording . I know you are so smart and all TechDAS owners are in the level of cost no object , then they can try and see which one of Disc Stabilizer will meet their requirement. I believed they will have more than one piece for sure in the final , just like you:D:D:D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Tango, if you like the plain "No dog" RCA pressing of the Scheherazade, you really should seek out an original "Shaded Dog" pressing, preferably in a 1s 1s pressing; or better still, in a 10s 10s pressing ( albeit very hard to source and $$$). The 10s 10s pressing will give you a bigger lift in SQ than any other mod you could do to your system using the plain old "No dog".

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Are you staying this as the general case for most shaded dogs, or for scheherazade specifically as that original wasn't known to be good. Haven't heard myself but as per collectors

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I can think of no "shaded dogs" that are worse than their "no dog" reissue...none. The "no dogs" are at best a place keeper till you can source at least a "white dog" and better still...the original "shaded dog". With Scheherazade the difference in SQ is striking. As i posted above, and this applies to most "shaded dogs", the earlier the pressing the better, although in the particular instance of the Scheherazade, the 10s 10s is the best sounding...and by a fairly wide margin, which is why it is so highly prized by collectors. Remember that a lot of "collectors" don't know the difference between the various pressings and the various pressing houses, so if one stated that they think the original Scheherazade doesn't sound that good...compared to what? ( The 'no dog', lol), then I would say they really are mistaken and not sufficiently knowledgable to make the statement, all IMHO.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tango, if you like the plain "No dog" RCA pressing of the Scheherazade, you really should seek out an original "Shaded Dog" pressing, preferably in a 1s 1s pressing; or better still, in a 10s 10s pressing ( albeit very hard to source and $$$). The 10s 10s pressing will give you a bigger lift in SQ than any other mod you could do to your system using the plain old "No dog".

Is this the dog you are talking about?

2BA6CF20-750C-453B-93A9-1B47DAE3E989.jpeg

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing