Giya Owners

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Anybody own Giya 2 or 3s? What say you? What other speakers did you audition?

Non owners feel free to chip in.

What's the WAF on these?

Last edited:

bplexico

Mar 28, 2011
I own G3s. I have had them since last year. I still love them to death. If that is possible with a speaker. No regrets, no remorse, no upgrade-itis.

My significant other LOVES their look. In fact she wanted G2s, but based on feedback from Philip O ( who is in his own right a wonderful, wonderful distributor, human being, music lover, etc..) I purchased the G3s based on size of room.

These things are just amazing, IMHO. They are everything I ever wanted in a speaker system. Previously had Wilson Watt Puppy/7s and DeVore O/96s.

I will confess I did not compare these to a lot of other speakers. I auditioned these locally one afternoon and they were everything I wanted and more. I know, so little time, so much hyperbole.

So long story short, I have these in Pearl White which look wonderful. WAF is off the charts, but I realize they are not for everyone.

IMG_4895 (1).jpg IMG_4981.jpg

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
i have G1's .. but many of my pals have G2's and G3's...
Depends on what your significant other thinks of "modern art" as to WAF.... some people love em and some hate em, but you will find the haters have mostly never seen a giya in the flesh .. they look far better than in pics.
Giya 1,2,3 sound more or less the same sonically except for depth of bass and scale of sound..all of them superb , but I might be biased :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
I own G2s; when I bought these it was either them or the Wilson Alexia.

Reread that first sentence to see how that went. :)

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
image.jpg

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
In just about every set up I've heard, the G3 and G1, it's some of the most accurate and enjoyable music I've heard.

My wife owns a pair of Maggie 1.7i speakers.... so all bets are off!! :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Anybody own Giya 2 or 3s? What say you? What other speakers did you audition?

Non owners feel free to chip in.

What's the WAF on these?

I heard the G1 in 3 private set ups, the G3 in one. I have heard them numerous times at shows. The amps I have heard them in non-show set ups are ypsilon aelius, Luxman m800 bridged, the b1000, and the older spectral 360.

I preferred them best with the bridged Luxman. Vivids are in a rare set of speakers with a nice mid bass, they have great tone, slam, and bass integration. I would suggest using as many valve components as possible before the power amp.

They do interact a lot with the room and you need to pull them or so choose the model according to the size of your room instead of just the biggest

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I've never owned a pair but I'm pretty sure I'd be thrilled if I did. I LOVE these speakers.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
The sound is spectacular!
IMG_0040.JPG

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Thanks for all the responses. A pair of 3's dropped in my lap. I'm loving them! They were DallasJustice's that he sold to a friend.

Some smoothing had to be done with the wife...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing