THE Show Newport 2016-Who's Going?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It's that time of year again for what is becoming my favorite audio each year. The fact that it was moved to a bigger and larger venue last year was even better and the fact that it is but a 20 minute drive from my house makes it even better. As in previous years I have had a meet and greet at my house on one of the evenings and I am planning to do the same this year. In years gone by there has been a full house and if such becomes the case this year I will plan for both Friday and Saturday evenings but for now I would like to use this thread as an RSVP list for those who plan on attending. My advice would be to car pool as people have done in previous years. I live in a gate guarded community and it is quicker when fewer cars come through the gate. This typically a beautiful time of year in Southern California so for those interested I look forward to seeing you all again as well as to meet a few more members of WBF. For those who haven't been to my home before just PM me for address and directions

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I'm definitely going Sat/Sun - don't know if I will have time to swing by your place, but it would have to be Saturday if so.

It's funny - I hit fewer and fewer rooms each year, but enjoy time with more audiophiles instead!

Steve Williams

I'm definitely going Sat/Sun - don't know if I will have time to swing by your place, but it would have to be Saturday if so.

It's funny - I hit fewer and fewer rooms each year, but enjoy time with more audiophiles instead!

Keith
If I did one evening only it will be Sat. Looking forward to seeing you again. I hope all is well.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I will be going all three days.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Unfortunately other commitments will keep me from attending this year. My sentiments echo Keith's, though, and I will be there next year!

Steve Williams

I've had several members reply by PM that they will be coming back to my house on Saturday evening. For those intending to swing by please let me know so that I can get a reasonable head count in order that I can provide sufficient food and refreshments

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Hi Steve, we'll be down in LA babysitting the grandkids that week. I may be able to get away on Saturday to attend the show and attend your soiree. Larry

Steve Williams

As an update to everyone going to THE Show and are planning to come back to my house Saturday evening, this is filling up quickly so if you are still interested please let me know so that I can add your names at the gate. There are about 2 so far who are planning on attending

For those attending, lets plan anytime from 7:00 onwards

Steve Williams

SOME SPECIAL NEWS FOR THOSE ATTENDING

Or if you are still considering coming to my house Saturday night here is some special news

Gary Koh will be once again coming to my house this year and he is bringing a very special guest......none other than Anne Bisson, the singer who recorded a very special album (which I am fortunate to own) Blue Mind

anne_bisson_blue_mind.jpg

We are hoping that we can encourage Anne to sing along to one or two cuts from her album,

Once again anytime from 6:30 on. I will be serving beer, wine, soft drinks and some light appetizers

Te list has now come close to 20 guests

If anyone needs a ride to and from this would be a good place to post your request

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing