The home of Anubis.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Man times passes, it just flyes by. Over 2 years since the last post here. And things have really changed in the music room.

Got hooked on vinyl. So new everything. New amplifier, and got back the nice pair of 2 way horn speakers but in another colur.
New subwoofers cables....

Don't know where to start.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
I see I had just started with vinyl when the last post was writren back in 2019.
The technics 1210 Mk2 and the Puffin was a nice start. I later got myself an E.A.T B-Sharp with the ortofon 2m blue. Phonostage was the Puffin before I got a second hand ASR.

Lived quite happely with that for a while. But have always had an eye on the old Marantz turntables. So got an oopertunety to get a very nice model 6200 turntable, so could not recist. The ortofon 2m blue went to the marantz and the E.A.T got a Hana.
IMG_20210926_185154.jpg

With two turntables one MM and one MC pickup I needed a phonostage with 2 inputs.

I also knew now that turntable and the vinyl sound was the way I needed to go. So I started looking a bit up the ladder. And after a few rounds I got home the PS Audio Stellar phono. And the wheel started to turn.

What a difference the phonostage did to the sound. Was so pleased, a major leap up the ladder for me.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Lived with that setup for about a year. And then it was the turntables turn to be changed. Sold the E.A.T and the marantz. I do miss the marantz sometimes. It looks just stunning.
IMG_20220107_225719.jpg
But times is changing...

While deciding on what turntable to get, I got a chanse to buy a old dream of mine. So new amplifier and rack came in

IMG_20220311_140305.jpg
Meet the Pathos Logos Mk2 with dac board. The rack I got was from Solidtech.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
New speakers also went in the door. Have had these before, and just knew they where coming back at some stage.

IMG_20211124_142415.jpg
And here they are. O Audio Icon
New model coming soon, so they migth be changed...

Fast forward to december 2021. Have been indoors for almost 2 years now due to Covid. Got some extra cash saved up.. And spent it all on a turntable.

IMG_20220307_222804.jpg

IMG_20220307_222411.jpg

IMG_20220125_143348.jpg
Welcome to the Origin Live Resolution mk4
Origin Live illustrious mk4 arm
Hana SL pickup (ML will be the next or maybe the Umami Red)

And the system was Complete again. Huge huge upgrade from what i had.

So pleased now with my system.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Anubis

paolo

Nov 7, 2016
Puget Sound
@Anubis
Are you still loving your Pathos? I had a Classic One MKIII which I mistakenly sold and while my Luxman Class A and Conrad Johnson Control amps are wonderful, Pathos keeps popping up in my audio psyche. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing