The home of Anubis.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Im trying to get the hump at 45hz down a few db. Not easy, but have a plan.. The hump at 120hz isn't a problem. But would like to get it down.

The next thing in will be an Dspeaker antimode Dualcore. Hopefully that will smoothen out the bass a wee bit.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I would use DIRAC rather than the antimode 2 .. I have used both and imo DIRAC is a better solution...

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Will go for DIRAC if the antimode false. I only need corrections below 140hz. So im hoping the antimode does the trix

Any Dirac Box you would recomend? I use cd and vinyl records.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Well, the Antimode does a good Job Smoothing out the respons. Here its used from 200hz and down.
DSC_0142.JPG

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Been a while since the last update here. Have been listening to mutch music and sees quite a few movies. Feel like the road has ended, because I dont use mutch time reading about New speakers, amplifiers an so on. Like I used to. Quite a strange felling for me that, im happy with my system and now use the system for what it's supposed. Music and movies.

Have had a pair of GoldenEar Triton One for a test. Really a good speaker. But my Triangle and my sub system, the subs had the same price alone as the Triton, sounds to my ears better.
_20170920_194417.JPG
Triton One and Triangle Genese Quartet LE.

But Triangle alone VS Triton One is another thing. I love bass, and with the Triton One I would be very happy. Those speakers go all the way down, has a fantastic midrange and a really good top. I really liked the speakers. And I feel like they are a really good speaker.

So whats been going on. Well have converted to Cinema sound as the most impotent and 2 channel as nr two. Dont know why, but this works for me.
Who would have thought that a year ago...

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
No post here for a long long time.. Have been listening and working with the system to optimize its sound. Very pleased with the result.

I have now gone more into home cinema sound and have 7.2.4 Atmos sound now. With 4 subwoofers. Enjoying this very mutch. Dont really miss anything from what I had.

I've also started up with Vinyl. Got a technics 1210 and a good MC pickup. Tube RIAA, and spent some mony on records. Since May last year abort 250 of them has found its way into my shelf.

After the technics came in i listen more to music than before. And almost Just to vinyl records. Spotify and Flac are hooked up, but not used that mutch.

My system has also been visited by a online HiFi magasin.. Here they tested the sound on 2 and multichannel music and movies. I also have had friends and people over quite a few times. The feedback from them is really good. So looking forward to the test in that hifi magszine.

Will be more active here from now on. I promise

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nice. But are you upmixing the vinyl to the multi channel?

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Yes and no. All depends on my mod. Some of the music i listen to is quite good with the function of upmix. All channel stereo is the One i normaly use. Have also some concerts on Bluray.
But most of the music played is in its naive format, 2 speakers and 4 subwoofers

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Nice loudspeakers! :p

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Yes, like them alot. Had Cello before. But sold them because I wanted to try something else. Stupid me.

zog

Oct 8, 2013
I have the Cellos. Very good for singer-songwriter material. Also very good regarding room placement (front firing port and horn loaded tweeter). The sweet spot is very large. Thinking about upgrading to the the new Magico A3s!

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
I have the Cellos. Very good for singer-songwriter material. Also very good regarding room placement (front firing port and horn loaded tweeter). The sweet spot is very large. Thinking about upgrading to the the new Magico A3s!

What generation/revision are they? SW2, older than 2017 or the last revision (2017). Do listen to the newest revision if you haven't done it by now. They are way better! And the new ones can't sound aggressive or strident even if you try hard to mis-match them. Much more body and foundation, more punch, better layering, etc. They've revised the crossovers, the cables, the woofers... You won't recognize them anymore (in a good way)!

P.S. Sorry for being OT.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
OT is quite allright.
My whole system is now up for sale. We're moving from house to flat. And the system will be to big for the livingrom. I knew this day would come, but hoped it would take a few more years.

Might go for the Triangle Magellan Duetto when the time to buy comes.

zog

Oct 8, 2013
What generation/revision are they? SW2, older than 2017 or the last revision (2017). Do listen to the newest revision if you haven't done it by now. They are way better! And the new ones can't sound aggressive or strident even if you try hard to mis-match them. Much more body and foundation, more punch, better layering, etc. They've revised the crossovers, the cables, the woofers... You won't recognize them anymore (in a good way)!

P.S. Sorry for being OT.

Cellos are the SW2, about 5 years old. If I could replace the drivers that were replaced that might be an idea.
OT is quite allright.
My whole system is now up for sale. We're moving from house to flat. And the system will be to big for the livingrom. I knew this day would come, but hoped it would take a few more years.

Might go for the Triangle Magellan Duetto when the time to buy comes.

Could do a lot worse!

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
I'm afraid it's much more than the drivers, Zog!

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Cellos are the SW2, about 5 years old. If I could replace the drivers that were replaced that might be an idea.

Could do a lot worse!

I see there is a few Magellan Duetto for sale used i Europe now. What are the 2017 models called? Is there any good ways to see if it is sw2 or the newer ones?

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
I see there is a few Magellan Duetto for sale used i Europe now. What are the 2017 models called? Is there any good ways to see if it is sw2 or the newer ones?

They are simply called Magellan Duetto. The newer than SW2 models have a CNC machined aluminum horn (instead of a die cast aluminum horn in the SW2 models; it looks different too), don't have any visible magnets on the front baffle and the feet are grey in color, not bronze anymore. The 2017 models look the same but have tweaked crossovers, cables and drivers.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Long time since my last post. Things have happend here. Gone from a full 7.2.4 cinema to a clean 2.0 stereo system. And could not be more happy. I finally after many years of searching found my type of sound. Will update with some pictures later on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing