Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: favorite female singer of all time

favorite female singer of all time

Mariah!!!!!!! (...and Mclachlan, Cassidy, Warnes)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hat1Hc9SNwE

Spinning Music Box album while writting this...
    Johan S

www.audio-land.net

Cessaro Horn, TechDAS, Physical Emotion, Thales, Shelter, Phasemation, Qualia Highend, Signal Project, HB Cable, Audio Desk Record Cleaner and Artesania.

McLachlan here. Plenty of fine ladies to fill the second spot but for me, Sarah has got to be the one. The wife and I like her so much, we danced our first dance with her singing the song "Push". It was a pleasure to see her last time she came to Charlotte.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    McLachlan here. Plenty of fine ladies to fill the second spot but for me, Sarah has got to be the one. The wife and I like her so much, we danced our first dance with her singing the song "Push". It was a pleasure to see her last time she came to Charlotte.

Tom
    She has the voice of an angel https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs
    Johan S

www.audio-land.net

Cessaro Horn, TechDAS, Physical Emotion, Thales, Shelter, Phasemation, Qualia Highend, Signal Project, HB Cable, Audio Desk Record Cleaner and Artesania.

Casandra wilson, Sara K and the sexy steely dan back up singers.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Whitney Houston (for voice) and Sarah McLachlan (for singer/songwriter) and Stevie Nicks (for her work overall).
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

Member Sponsor [VIP/Donor] GaryProtein's Avatar
    Hands down, it's Barbra Streisand.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Ronm1's Avatar
    Lyambiko, Sandy Denny and Judy Collins.
    A Bug!! Naa...that's a feature!!
    Cables at DAC end impedance matched. Synergistic

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Maria Callas

She created her own art, and some people hated it because it wasn't classically beautiful, but who cares it sounded way better and she is by far not only the most talented soprano of all time, but her veracity, her willingness to show facts, accuracy, and honesty in very aspect of her career is so amazing even on top of all her talent. She didn't care about beauty as much as she cared about creating her own honest style that to this day has changed the way sopranos sing, she was honest and cared solely about what she wanted to accomplish and not what everyone else thought if her. She broke through with unbelievable talent that was her own individual sounds that were out of the norm, but were so amazing. I hate opera singers apt just because I find orbiting, although they do hAve some of the most astonishingly and amazingly beautiful voices, it's just not my genre of choice. Without callas being the first soprano to breakout of the norm of society, and create her ow even more amazing ...more.
    It's Maria Callas, does anything else need to be said but, anyway easily the greatest female opera singer of all time. The love of her life wasn't another human but, opera music and when one listens to her singing you can instantaneously hear that love. She also, possessed a great ability to be able to sing the greatest love of her life and, in doing so provided the world with the greatest opera singer the world has ever seen. Marvellous Maria Callas, your legacy will live forever!
    Decades after Callas's death and her legend lives on. Ask the person in the street to name a female opera singer and chances are the answer will be, "Maria Callas" - the same cannot be said for others on this list! Callas's interpretations may not always have been the most technically accurate, but her emotion, passion and soul shone through. And isn't that what art is all about? The ability to stir something inside you that cannot always be explained? It is rather like Monet's "smears" and "blobs". At face value they are not technically art, but when you look at the whole picture, it is beautiful... For me, Callas's vocal range was unsurpassed by others of her genre, which gave her the most amazing versatility. Plus she was a person who refused to conform to a mould, especially in a time when women tended to have less freedom than they enjoy now. Yes, she made mistakes, but Callas's honesty made her human and a beautiful person. And for all of these reasons, her legend lives on.
    8th Wonder of the World.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Member Sponsor [VIP/Donor] GaryProtein's Avatar
    OK, NorthStar, you got me.

The opera singers you posted brought a tears to my eyes.

NOBODY else mentioned is anywhere near as good as they are.

Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast