The Worlds Most Powerful SET Stereo Amplifier - Aries Cerat Diana Forte

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Making it's debut at T.H.E Show Newport in room 319 will arguably be the worlds most powerful SET Stereo amplifier. The Diana forte is able to deliver 60W RMS of Class A1 power with up to 75W Peak measured. It is built around the same 813/814 big bottle tubes used in the Concero 65 and weighs in at a whopping 220lbs! Retail pricing is 27,500 USD

Given the fan base and the price tag it is often requested to bring Ultra High end to a more affordable price point. The Diana Integrated being the most requested model was separated into two chassis The Diana Mezzo (Preamp Section) and the Diana Forte (Power Section). They are improved versions of the Diana with a better preamp and more power and connect via Aries Cerat AC link to create a True 2-Chassis Integrated. You can buy the Preamp section first and as budget allows buy the power section instead of all at once and get a better system in the end.

For all the technical details you can visit the website here

IMG_3927.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

Cheers!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I heard the Diana integrated with Tune Audio Animas. Excellent system

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Making it's debut at T.H.E Show Newport in room 319 will arguably be the worlds most powerful SET Stereo amplifier. The Diana forte is able to deliver 60W RMS of Class A1 power with up to 75W Peak measured. It is built around the same 813/814 big bottle tubes used in the Concero 65 and weighs in at a whopping 220lbs! Retail pricing is 27,500 USD

Given the fan base and the price tag it is often requested to bring Ultra High end to a more affordable price point. The Diana Integrated being the most requested model was separated into two chassis The Diana Mezzo (Preamp Section) and the Diana Forte (Power Section). They are improved versions of the Diana with a better preamp and more power and connect via Aries Cerat AC link to create a True 2-Chassis Integrated. You can buy the Preamp section first and as budget allows buy the power section instead of all at once and get a better system in the end.

Cheers!

It does hit a sweet spot in the market today, should be a great product!

As for the power claims of the other other brand, I just don't see how its possible in a SET design from a s single tube, mono or stereo :)!

david

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
It does hit a sweet spot in the market today, should be a great product!

As for the power claims of the other other brand, I just don't see how its possible in a SET design from a s single tube, mono or stereo :)!

david

I stopped asking Stavros the "How" question because it ends up in a 8 hour ramble :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I guess he means not mono blocks. Then again Diana is a parallel design so if we take parallel as the other key word then that might be another story. Typically when people say SET they mean non parallel and non bridged. An example of a SE bridged amp is the BAT VK-75. When bridged-parallel 'd it turns into one channel of a mono pair. I guess the last key word is "arguably". :)

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I guess he means not mono blocks. Then again Diana is a parallel design so if we take parallel as the other key word then that might be another story. Typically when people say SET they mean non parallel and non bridged. An example of a SE bridged amp is the BAT VK-75. When bridged-parallel 'd it turns into one channel of a mono pair. I guess the last key word is "arguably". :)

Glad you picked up on that. :thumbs up:

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
at what distortion levels if you don't mind me asking?

Good question. I will have to report back with some figures and specs I am still waiting on.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello gents.

Thank you for the feedback.
The word ''arguably'' is mentioned as no-one has a clear sight of the whole market.You never know what comes around the corner:)

Single ended and balanced single ended(bridged single ended) is not comparable.Apples and oranges.

An output stage can be single ended regardless of the number of active devices in parallel.The number of active devices is not what defines the @single@ in single ended :)

A transistor amp can be single ended,with only one or ten transistors in parallel.Same for tube stages.

Parallel SE is SE.Bridged SE is not,kind of oxymoron.The Forte can deliver 220W if bridged,but the question is,why do you want to do that?:)

Figure distortions is a tricky thing,as a manufacturer can easily trick them.Measurements and statistics is a nice way to lie as they say.

An example,if you fine-tune the bias of the driver and output stages carefully, you can tune them to present 2nd harmonic cancellation,you may end up with lower overall distortion,but user can find another setting better sounding..to each it's own.

Example two.An GE 814 has 25-50% lower distortion but does not sound as good as the RCAs.Do i ship with GE or RCA?

Example three.With a higher bias (Class A12) you can hit 75W @ 5% and 60W @1%.
A lower bias setting (60W @4% ) sounds overall better with lower 3rd-5th-7th harm.
Which one you choose?:)

cheers
Stavros

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Obviously not the world's most powerful SET.

Not even arguably.

Or is there some warped, oddball argument?

All ears are open and waiting...

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Obviously not the world's most powerful SET.

Not even arguably.

Or is there some warped, oddball argument?

All ears are open and waiting...

For what?

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Anyway, even if the Mezzo line would only be a faint brother (which I am sure it is not) of the Impera II preamp (which I have in my audition centre), the quality must still be excellent!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing