Alma celebrates 1 year with special event!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
J

Again kudos to Alex and Fabio for a fun afternoon. I wish you guys on going success and what a place to have a store. La Jolla is one of the prettiest cities in Southern California right on the ocean. Alma Music is 2 blocks from the ocean. What could be worse

Steve, as a La Jollan, I cannot help but laugh at your last comment...."what could be worse", LOL.:eek::p
I think you mean what could be better?-----:D:D

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, Steve! I was really happy that you came, and ended up enjoying our fun little event! I mean, with Jonathan (& crew) and Hervé, it's hard NOT to have fun :)

Once things quieted down a little in the late afternoon, we did some back and forth on the MM3, with and without the Exact module (which is actually an additional outboard crossover/passive filter), and it's indeed breathtaking how Kevin did improve significantly what was already a fantastic speaker! Now I begin to understand why Mike is so in love with his MM7, as these already have the Exact technology on board!

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by! And for those who couldn't stop by Saturday, there's more fun to be had Sunday!

Cheers,
Alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Here are some pictures from the first day (Sat.)! More today!

IMG_5621.jpg
Jonathan Tinn and Hervé Deletraz in a tender moment :)
IMG_5631.jpg
IMG_5614.jpg
Robert Harley
IMG_5620.jpg IMG_5625.jpg

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
My spouse and I dropped by Alma Music & Audio yesterday afternoon and were enthusiastically greeted by WBF's-own, Alex. Four systems were available for us to enjoy and indeed, did.

We heard the Kii loudspeaker/system for the first time...definitely, worth a listen. :)
Sonny remarked favorably of the YG/D'Agostino/MSB system...noteworthy, in and of itself! :D

Thanks, Alex, for your hospitality
. :cool:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Sam,

Thanks for stopping by, it's always great to meet fellow audiophiles, exchange a little bit of our experiences "in the field", and, why not, listen to some music :)

It was also great to see that your wife is also into the hobby! Fantastic to have another set of ears to keep us in check!

Our setups were a little handicapped as most of our best cables were out on loans with customers! Apparently people took a liking to cables recently, maybe influenced by Steve's experience? :)

But anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon, and I hope to see you more often!

cheers,
alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing