AXPONA 2016 audio reviews

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone. I have some good news and some bad news:

Good news: this year i went crazy and captured every track/album in every room at the show. And wrote up what I thought of those tracks being played. All in all there are 170 tracks of music alone!

Bad news: uploading the pictures to WBF remains a super pain due to primitive nature of our forum software here. On the other hand the software I use on audiosciencreview forum is a joy to use allowing me to post the pictures and music far, far faster. So that is where I have been putting my pictures, links to music and my notes.

I have already documented 40-50 rooms and keep adding to them. You can read them at this link: http://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/axpona-audio-show.33/

Feel free to grab the pictures and post here to comment if you don't want to do it there.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I realized that so many rooms sounded bad that I wasn't going to say much unless 1. They were good 2. They were very bad/very expensive and bad 3. I spent a lot of time with them 4. There's some sort of association. That kept it all to a more manageable.

But I've seen some online takes on the show where they appear to have been to perhaps every room. What I don't get is that they basically talk about how everything sounded good... That's beyond me.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
we may have primitive software but here at WBF even our guests are able to see all of our show photos without first being forced to register on the site ;)
True. From my point of view of posting them though, it takes incredible effort to upload them to my photo site, and then link to them here. That is why it took me so long to post the CES pictures. We are talking about some 600 to 700 pictures and 170 tracks and albums captured. It is immense work with the right tools, darn near impossible without.

On ASR Forum, I can just drag the photos from my desktop into the post window and it automatically uploads them and with one click I can insert them anywhere in my post. Because of this ease and speed, I am done with 80% of the show reports already and hope to finish them all soon.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
It doesn't justify the need to force a person to register to see the pictures. In fact you were the biggest proponent at WBF that guests as well as members should be allowed to see the photos.

True, in fact I did go over there for the first time to look at some of the pictures and because of the registration imposition, I immediately signed off and will not go back. Don't appreciate being sucked in.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I can name few sites I like visiting but I can't see the pictures posted, without being registered first. Whouah! :D Lol if they want to expand they need exposition.

Amir I am not referring to audiosciencereview because I am registered, but for non-registered people who like to visit and read and watch pictures, I think it's best to have access. It's only one positive aspect of creating exposure. I don't agree with systems that are exclusive to their membership only; I know, it's not you, it's the system. :b

And we know this: A picture is worth a thousand words.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Why is that that @ some sites you have to registered to view pics and scientific graphs and attachments and others sites you don't?
I'm with Frank; if I cannot have access without registering I'm turned off. Simple access to everyone means welcome and a desire to be open, to learn, to see everything. Then when comfy people (humans from the planet Earth) can register and participate.

It's like going to your local discotheque, waiting in line, and you need a pass to enter. ...And a cool haircut too. :D

Are there various reasons? Financial? Deliberate? Bulletin? Economic? Social? Geographical? Education?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Everyday is a new day ...

True. From my point of view of posting them though, it takes incredible effort to upload them to my photo site, and then link to them here. That is why it took me so long to post the CES pictures. We are talking about some 600 to 700 pictures and 170 tracks and albums captured. It is immense work with the right tools, darn near impossible without.

On ASR Forum, I can just drag the photos from my desktop into the post window and it automatically uploads them and with one click I can insert them anywhere in my post. Because of this ease and speed, I am done with 80% of the show reports already and hope to finish them all soon.

ASR Forum is a good complement/extension to WBF - way I see it from above.
Members who are registered here should automatically have access to your pictures over there, and same with guests from the four corners of the globe.

I understand; it's a software issue.

EDIT: The way guests (non-registered readers) can view pictures, attachments, photoshop, photobucket, etc. varies from one software program of one site to another. It is dependent on how the pics were posted and the origin.
Some pictures posted directly, by-passing the site's software can usually be seen by everyone, but not the attachments.

But true, for specifically attachments of pictures, graphs, etc., plus pictures downloaded using sources like photobucket and personal picture's library, you need to register...@ most sites.
I don't know if guests can view attachments here @ WBF; only a guest or de-registered or log off person could tell, I guess.
...And a banned person too. * Banned people cannot view any attachments, they are like guests I guess. ;)

Anyway, the deal is that each site operates more or less differently.
Axpona 2016 pictures are avail @ Amir's own extension site (Science), for anyone who register to another great site, just like WBF. :b
And by the way, Amir's pictures are great, plus he has some very desirable attributes; the music. Yes, he even posts the music cover album plus the video of tunes that were used in those rooms @ Axpona. In my book, and the books of many, this is a great great beneficial positive.
Why? Because music tells us more about who we are than the gear playing it. :b ...In my analytical opinion.

Yesterday I might have sounded like it is better to view pics for all people including guests, but after further research it all depends of attachments, plus how the direct pics originated from. It's not easy as ABC, it is a little more complex...it has to do more with computer software than people administering the sites.

All in all, for a final conclusion (re-constructing my previous comment), it's all fine...here and everywhere. Guests @ many websites can view attachments and pictures (that's the normal way, the way we all like), and @ other websites they cannot, without registering first. ...It depends, we live in an advanced world that has a lot to learn to advance further; it's not a human problem, it's a creation problem, the world created by the Internet, ...and the Internet was created all by itself? :D

There are pros and cons anywhere, and not the same. One is no better or worst than another.
The love we get is the love we give. We live on a beautiful blue planet with mountains, snow on top, green lush jungles and forests, oasis of the deserts, blue oceans and rivers, people of all colors and sizes. Music is great, pictures we love too. The music we select like the films and pictures we watch, is life's experience and evolution. How we access it is our journey, our own journey; and no one is responsible of it but us.

The biggest gift is our work, for all.

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Excellent. Thanks Brian. As I noted there, there is a lot of interest in the new ESS chip and DACs like yours. While I have you here, will you be at Newport show?

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Excellent. Thanks Brian. As I noted there, there is a lot of interest in the new ESS chip and DACs like yours. While I have you here, will you be at Newport show?

Alas, I will not be, due to another commitment. Maybe next year, though.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
No worries. Maybe we can hook up at RMAF again and have that goat burrito or whatever it was that we had!!! :)
No idea what it was, but it was good!

SoCal is a food truck mecca! But I might be eating lobster rolls on the coast of Maine :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing