Paradigm Reference Active Speakers

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have active Paradigms but they are circa 1997 :). They were very unreliable with the vibrations causing speaker terminals to come loose, and another failures on the amp board. I got tired of fixing them.

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
I have active Paradigms but they are circa 1997 :). They were very unreliable with the vibrations causing speaker terminals to come loose, and another failures on the amp board. I got tired of fixing them.

What a bummer, what are you using now?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have lots of different systems :). Will document them later in a thread. For now, it is Revel speakers.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Wow...19.5.1 ? If you did not make a mistake with that number (typo) it means nineteen (19) satellite floor (ear level) speakers, five (5) subwoofers, and one (1) overhead (VOG: Voice of God) speaker. ...Or did you mean 19.1.5 ?

Nineteen floor speakers require a large room with several rows of seats, and several subs (you have five according to the number you mentioned), and only one overhead speaker? That can't be...you would need something like eight overhead ceiling speakers for such a larger room, or a minimum of six (and up to ten) above the listener's heads.

I'm all eyes. ears and brain open...and welcome to WBF. :b

Cheers,

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
Wow...19.5.1 ? If you did not make a mistake with that number (typo) it means nineteen (19) satellite floor (ear level) speakers, five (5) subwoofers, and one (1) overhead (VOG: Voice of God) speaker. ...Or did you mean 19.1.5 ?

Nineteen floor speakers require a large room with several rows of seats, and several subs (you have five according to the number you mentioned), and only one overhead speaker? That can't be...you would need something like eight overhead ceiling speakers for such a larger room, or a minimum of six (and up to ten) above the listener's heads.

I'm all eyes. ears and brain open...and welcome to WBF. :b

Cheers,

My bad that was a typo, that should be 9.1.5. In addition to the traditional 7 channels I have two wide channels which I use for Atmos, DTS Neo X and Audysey DSX. I also have a VOG speaker in addition to front and rear height channels. They are all Paradigm Reference Active series except the VOG.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ok, now you said 9.5.1 ? the regular seven speakers plus the front wides, but the middle number is the LFE channel, and you have five LFE channels?
And the last number is the overhead speakers, and you only have one? ...Did you mean 9.1.5 with four overheads plus the VOG speaker channel right in the center above?

* What kind of SSP or receiver do you have? All inexpensive ones (below roughly $9,000) can only play twelve channels simultaneously...9.1.2 or 7.1.4
Sure you can setup for more, like 9.1.5 but they won't all play together @ the same time. ...That's three too many.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing