Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ch precision P1 vs Kondo ge1

ch precision P1 vs Kondo ge1

Hello to everybody,

i write from italy and sorry my bad English.

Yesterday i tried with 2 friends in the system of my friend, Bergmann Sindre with Air tight pc3 Pre Viva, mono amp Viva Aurora and Wilson Alexandria
    New phono CH Precision P1,one shop borrow to me, vs my Kondo GE1 with mc trans Silvercore mc pro.

The P 1 has 2 input mc in current and you can reduced the gain of 25 db and a mm/mc high input where you can select gain from 35 to 70 db and the impedence from 20 to 100.000 ohm,with step every 2 ohm.There is mono mode and subsonic filter at 10 hz.It is pure class A and dual mono.

Regarding the sound there is no comparison with Kondo.
    P1 has image and depth much bigger, much more fast and dynamic,more transparent and Kondo seems with high cut,Bass controlled perfectly,the sound go out from speaker very easily and there is big space between instruments that are perfectly stop in their position.

Mid are natural like tube amp and mid high are very open and fast but sweet.

Kondo is very good on voices and medium,has a relaxed a natural sound and very musical,but this P1 shocked us

Absolutly to try if you can

Regards
    Gianluigi

Addicted to Best!
    Hi Gianluigi,

Was the Kondo better than the CH in any way? Or was the CH better than the Kondo in every single area?
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

The CH was better than Kondo in every single area

Only on the voices Kondo was good,similar to CH

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    The CH was better than Kondo in every single area

Only on the voices Kondo was good,similar to CH
    Thanks...good to know.
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

So now we don't have to fantasize about Kondo anymore
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Hi Gianluigi, did you try the P1 in current mode or voltage mode? Did you compare between the two mode? I suppose given the low R of the pc3, it will work well in current mode? Thanks and enjoy!

Hello to everybody,

i write from italy and sorry my bad English.

Yesterday i tried with 2 friends in the system of my friend, Bergmann Sindre with Air tight pc3 Pre Viva, mono amp Viva Aurora and Wilson Alexandria
    New phono CH Precision P1,one shop borrow to me, vs my Kondo GE1 with mc trans Silvercore mc pro.

The P 1 has 2 input mc in current and you can reduced the gain of 25 db and a mm/mc high input where you can select gain from 35 to 70 db and the impedence from 20 to 100.000 ohm,with step every 2 ohm.There is mono mode and subsonic filter at 10 hz.It is pure class A and dual mono.

Regarding the sound there is no comparison with Kondo.
    P1 has image and depth much bigger, much more fast and dynamic,more transparent and Kondo seems with high cut,Bass controlled perfectly,the sound go out from speaker very easily and there is big space between instruments that are perfectly stop in their position.

Mid are natural like tube amp and mid high are very open and fast but sweet.

Kondo is very good on voices and medium,has a relaxed a natural sound and very musical,but this P1 shocked us

Absolutly to try if you can

Regards
    Gianluigi

For Jazzhead

Kondo is very good,
    I have 2 system,one with Kondo M7 KSL,Phono Kondo GE1 and 2 Souga to biamp
    And other is with CH Precision L1 + C1 + X1 + 2 A1 to biamp.

I always had since 1991 Triode tube amp,like be Yamamura,Audiotekne,Audionote,Shindo,Fal,Dyssanaya ke,Kondo,and i never liked Transistor because for my taste was better triode amp.
    But when i tried CH in shop and at home i found new world with natural sound and transparency similar tube but with high much more clean,open but sweet and silken,with controlled bass and very very fast.
    My friend told me for them CH is like Formula one.

For leyenda,
    We will try in both mode.
    In Voltage mode,where you can select the gain from 35 to 70 db,we left at 60 db,and we tried impedence between 90 and 160 ohm,you can select from 20 to 100.000 ohm with step of 2 ohm,and was the right setup and sound very well,but when we put in the current mode sound was better,more free,natural,open and fast.
    In current mode you can reduce gain from 25 to 0 and we reduced at 20

Regards
    Gianluigi

For Jazzhead

Kondo is very good,
    I have 2 system,one with Kondo M7 KSL,Phono Kondo GE1 and 2 Souga to biamp
    And other is with CH Precision L1 + C1 + X1 + 2 A1 to biamp.

I always had since 1991 Triode tube amp,like be Yamamura,Audiotekne,Audionote,Shindo,Fal,Dyssanaya ke,Kondo,and i never liked Transistor because for my taste was better triode amp.
    But when i tried CH in shop and at home i found new world with natural sound and transparency similar tube but with high much more clean,open but sweet and silken,with controlled bass and very very fast.
    My friend told me for them CH is like Formula one.

For leyenda,
    We will try in both mode.
    In Voltage mode,where you can select the gain from 35 to 70 db,we left at 60 db,and we tried impedence between 90 and 160 ohm,you can select from 20 to 100.000 ohm with step of 2 ohm,and was the right setup and sound very well,but when we put in the current mode sound was better,more free,natural,open and fast.
    In current mode you can reduce gain from 25 to 0 and we reduced at 20

Regards
    Gianluigi
    Hi Gianluigi,

I believe there is big price difference between CH Precision phono and the Kondo GE1 phono, or am I wrong on this?

Any moment now a new Kondo phonostage will be launched (maybe at the Munich high end show 2017?) to be partnered with the Kondo G-1000 linestage. Do not know what the retailprice of this new Kondo phonostage is going to be (it will surely be quite expensive), but that unit is from a price petspective maybe a more suitable competitor to the CH Precision phonostage that you listened to.

In Italy Kondo cost a lot because italian distributor has high price
    GE1 cost euro 20.000 and P1 cost euro 24.500

GE1 is only MM,so you have to buy a MC transformer,and if you buy new Kondo cost 12.000,while P1 is MM and MC

The new Kondo phono will have a price i think about 50.000 euro,or could be little more,than you have always to add the MC transformer.

I love Kondo and i had in my life 2 Ongaku,Gakuon,Neiro,Neiro Silver,Kageki,Baransu,2 Souga,M7,M7 KSL and M10

But when i tried CH in My home i found better than Kondo because has similar natural mid,but more clean,fast,dynamic,with good bass.
    When i listened M7 + GE1 and 2 Souga sound was wonderful,but when i connect CH seems more clean,less dirty,always magical sound.

Then i sold Kondo and i bought M1 mono

In Italy Kondo cost a lot because italian distributor has high price
    GE1 cost euro 20.000 and P1 cost euro 24.500

GE1 is only MM,so you have to buy a MC transformer,and if you buy new Kondo cost 12.000,while P1 is MM and MC

The new Kondo phono will have a price i think about 50.000 euro,or could be little more,than you have always to add the MC transformer.

I love Kondo and i had in my life 2 Ongaku,Gakuon,Neiro,Neiro Silver,Kageki,Baransu,2 Souga,M7,M7 KSL and M10

But when i tried CH in My home i found better than Kondo because has similar natural mid,but more clean,fast,dynamic,with good bass.
    When i listened M7 + GE1 and 2 Souga sound was wonderful,but when i connect CH seems more clean,less dirty,always magical sound.

Then i sold Kondo and i bought M1 mono
    Ok, clear and thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast