Top 10 Most Expensive Speakers

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
7. T-1 by Tidal: $322,000
Heard these at CES. Quite nice sounding. Amongst the top 5 at the show. Part of the reason no doubt to treated room.

Impressive connectivity out back:

You can split the thing up and run it active in a number of combinations.

Electronics were from a Japanese company:

You can see the room treatment here:

Nothing fancy to be sure but at least we know the speaker designer knows the room that destroy the sound of a good speaker.

Asking what makes it so expensive he said there was a single capacitor the size of a small melon which cost him $12K! He said it was filled with very special material as to not be subject to vibration changes (?).

He also coined a nice phrase which probably make more sense to Europeans than Americans: "our speakers are designed to be transparent. We don't put the milk in the tea. You can do that if you like!" :)

He said having four quadrants playing bass helps with the room to better distribute the modes. And having them on both sides of the cabinet cancels out vibrations.

I really enjoyed speaking to him.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Brian is zoned out in the sweet spot. Looks like he's liking it! ;)

triode

Jul 20, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
I'd take the Magico Ultimates in a heartbeat, and be glad to pay the price (in that hypothetical world where I had the scratch). Effortless dynamics are a drug...

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
My choice IF not panels are these by a country mile.:)

paper45_genesis1.jpg

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
My choice IF panels would be these.:p

ORION.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I hear great things about AA...and even had a thread asking about them a while ago...very happy to be reading more about them now thanks to people like you, Bonzo75 and Big Dog RJ among others...

My choice IF panels would be these.:p

View attachment 18291

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
The only ones that really interest me are the Analysis Audio Orion and the Marten Coltrane Supreme.

Ken

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Love it, Andre. Yours are even taller!

Yes Gary BUT the smaller ones belong to YOU, the bigger ones belong to my friend Jocelyn.:)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Lunacy or insanity to spend that kind of money on speakers.
I thought "we" -- the collective we -- had gotten past a snipe like this -- which accomplishes the unusual linguistic trick of being both vacuous and arrogant.

The question I am interested in here is how does this loudspeaker system compare sonically to the flagship offering from Avantgarde and the flagship offering from Cessaro?

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought "we" -- the collective we -- had gotten past a snipe like this -- which accomplishes the unusual linguistic trick of being both vacuous and arrogant.

The question I am interested in here is how does this loudspeaker system compare sonically to the flagship offering from Avantgarde and the flagship offering from Cessaro?

when did the flagship offering from Cessaro become a sonic benchmark? Or is it just the price that misleads you

Last edited:

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
The Aries Cerat Contendo Horn Speaker is about 950K Euros.

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
The Aries Cerat Contendo Horn Speaker is about 950K Euros, and from what I have heard worth every penny of it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing