Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acoustician in NE (Philadelphia area)

Gentlemen,

How can one tell if a room is going to sound good ahead of time? In the ideal world, is the way to do it is to have all the acousticians build the room they think, and then break down the rooms one does not like? Or at least commission designs from all and choose the best design, assuming one knows how to tell them apart?

That's an excellent question, but I'm afraid, nobody knows an answer to.
    The risk is very significant (as can be attested to by the guys having to have the room redone after
    spending a small fortune on design and construction), and unlike purchasing an expensive component,
    where you always have an option of reselling it in case it doesn't suit you.
    One can't resell the bad design, can he?
    I was fortunate to have my existing room designed by Rives Audio, and it works

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Gentlemen,

How can one tell if a room is going to sound good ahead of time? In the ideal world, is the way to do it is to have all the acousticians build the room they think, and then break down the rooms one does not like? Or at least commission designs from all and choose the best design, assuming one knows how to tell them apart?
    Within the confines of my planned house addition, Nyal helped me decide the media room physical dimensions (H/W/L) based on coincident modes; he also specified the "floating wall system" that functions as a bass trap. So there are things that can be done in the room design phase to promote a good sounding room.
    Acoustic Frontiers Room Design; Raidho D3 speakers; Jeff Rowland Corus preamp & 625 amp; EMM Labs XDS1 v2 CD/SACD player; Solidtech ROS; Nordost cabling, Ti Pulsar Points, QB4 power distributor; Quantum QX4 power conditioner; Ultrasonic LED shelving http://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12