Legacy Audio Helix

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
I own Legacy Helix.

I'd be glad to answer any questions concerning Legacy Helix. I'm sure they are comparable to the very best available. I've never heard better. They are a quad amped speaker system. The subwoofers have 1000 watt ICE amps built in for each channel. The owner has to provide 3 stereo amplifiers. One for the 15 inch mid bass drivers, 1 for the 4 six inch mid range drivers, and 1 for the tweeters in each speaker. The dynamic range of these speakers is virtually unlimited. A digital crossover steers the speaker system and is made by Xilica. Bill Duddleston, the designer, engineer, founder, and President of Legacy Audio hand delivers and sets the speakers up himself. Legacy Audio is located in Springfield, IL. Although the Whisper speakers get more reviews, the Helix is considered by Legacy to be state of the art. Not many reviewers have 3 of the same stereo amps to drive them with. At $48,000.00 and weighing in at a measly 350 lbs a piece they are not a speaker for the light hearted although the price compared to Wilson or others makes them a best buy. I have no doubt they will more than hold their own with the best speakers in the world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing