Dirac EQ

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This year Dirac was again showing their active room correction system.

This was their demo system:

If you are not familiar with the Dirac Panorama technology, they mix additional signals to the extra speakers you have to correct bass modes. Your speakers play double duty, playing the normal signal while also being used to transmit anti-mode signal to cancel room resonances. The more speakers you have, the better. In addition to correcting the response, they make it more even throughout the room. I was not in the sweet spot yet I could still hear the improvements.

This is the setup:

The multi-channel pro audio on top is playing back both the content and the correction signals. It is driven by the laptop that the operator used. Alas, this means that they are not on a path to produce a consumer version of this. As they confirmed, their interest is still OEM business.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Tnat Panorama active bass solution would be wunnerful for my g1's and 4 SVS subs....
I use dirac..I wonder if they will at some stage incorporate it

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I pushed them at the show and said how much demand there would be for audiophiles but they were very non-committal.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I pushed them at the show and said how much demand there would be for audiophiles but they were very non-committal.

I pushed them about Unison and they said that the first applications would be automotive but that the PC-based app would follow shortly. Moving to building it into AVRs/prepros is important but contingent on DSP capabilities. AFAIK, Panorama was targetted at laptop/mobile use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing