Roger Waters (see inside for an opinion)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Pink Floyd's THE WALL was a masterpiece in concept albums. I have it on vinyl, CD and the film on DVD and can't wait for it's eventual release on Blu-ray.

Roger Waters however is another story. I mean, how many times can you milk something before it gets stale....like really stale. I have no doubt his current concert tour is an amazing success, but Roger...please...do something else with your career!

John

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Pink Floyd's THE WALL was a masterpiece in concept albums. I have it on vinyl, CD and the film on DVD and can't wait for it's eventual release on Blu-ray.

Roger Waters however is another story. I mean, how many times can you milk something before it gets stale....like really stale. I have no doubt his current concert tour is an amazing success, but Roger...please...do something else with your career!

John

I am going to see Roger Waters/The Wall on Dec 3 and have great seats because IMO you won't see him around anymore because as far as doing something else with his career, he probably doesn't have to (except a reunion tour with Gilmour which will never happen :( )

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I am going to see Roger Waters/The Wall on Dec 3 and have great seats because IMO you won't see him around anymore because as far as doing something else with his career, he probably doesn't have to (except a reunion tour with Gilmour which will never happen :( )

I have a few friends that saw him in Toronto last month and they loved it, so I'm sure you will too.

And yeah..a reunion won't likely ever happen, especially now that Richard Wright has sadly passed on, but I hear that DG will be making an appearance at one of Roger's' shows during this tour. I hope for you it's your lucky day.

John

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Steve, have fun tonight (like you need me to tell you that)! Watch out for the floating animal dirigibles. I'll be expecting a report.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Steve, have fun tonight (like you need me to tell you that)! Watch out for the floating animal dirigibles. I'll be expecting a report.

He'll have fun no doubt.. It's my Mom's BD today, better give her a call!

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Saw it in NYC, thought it was a spectacular show and still very vital. There was, of course, a rumor that DG would show up.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Saw it in NYC, thought it was a spectacular show and still very vital. There was, of course, a rumor that DG would show up.

Apparently DG promised he would at one of them.......Steve? Did he show up last night?

John

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw the show last night and without question it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. The staging and special effects were nothing short of spectacular. Roger looked energized and never missed a beat. Unfortunately DG was not there.
John I am shocked that a progrocker like you doesn't dig this guy. The show was actually longer than I anticipated starting shortly past 8:00 with a 20 minute intermission and ending at 10:45. The audience refused to let him off the stage but as Rob said, there is NO encore. Not sure whether he will ever tour again so for me it was watching a part of history. In fact Roger told the crowd that he performed The Wall in the same arena here in Oakland 30 years ago. There was a part of the show where Roger sings one of the songs with "himself" ( an old grainy black and white film of him shot 30 years ago singing the same song. It was amazing. I don't think I have seen staging for a concert as good as this one with a surprising amount of indoor pyrotechnics to start the show.

This show for me and my wife was clearly 2 thumbs up and if Roger is coming to play the Wall at a venue anywhere near you, I would encourage everyone to see it. Be prepared also for one of the loudest concerts you will ever hear. Many people around us were smart enough to wear protective ear plugs

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So glad you enjoyed the concert Steve! One slight correction though from your post. I DO dig Roger Waters...I'm just disappointed that his focus is on The Wall almost exclusively.

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing