The most important component of a system is...

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's a tie between the ROOM and the SPEAKERS.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
How many threads are there about this theme?

I'd say the AC power chords. :D ...Next our set of ears. ...And finally, the music recordings. ...Everything else is just cheap whisky. :D

* The outdoors, in the nature, walking and climbing up the mountains with the birds, bears, beavers, moose, camels, ...eagles; it sounds better and more natural than indoors in our rooms with our cats and dogs. ...And live is not always the best, but it's live, and that is pow wow.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Oh, wait, it's a tie between the outlets and the fuses! Haaaaaaaaaa! :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me, room, then speakers. I have stopped shopping and flirting with other brands 20 years ago after I found a speakers that could waltz with me. Then source, which to be I put records before the analog rig. A terrible sounding record will not do anything in the chain justice, it is my belief.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
The most important component of a system ... is the integrity of the system. That is, the totality of all the components and its environment has to have faults and flaws - which every combination of real world parts will always have - which when combined don't degrade the acoustic output below a certain level of quality.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The most important component of a system ... is the integrity of the system. That is, the totality of all the components and its environment has to have faults and flaws - which every combination of real world parts will always have - which when combined don't degrade the acoustic output below a certain level of quality.

:D

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
the truth is YOU are the most important component..its you the audiophile that really is in need of a upgrade, its your flaws that will be greater than the system.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Kinda like the Beatles or a championship team. The sum is typically greater than the individual parts.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
What, you mean I have to visit my Ear Candling guru more than twice a year ... blast !!!

no frank, it the bit in between that's a worry;)

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Kinda like the Beatles or a championship team. The sum is typically greater than the individual parts.

no not really, your hi fi is a collection of inanimate objects and is incapable of having a 'team' dynamic or indeed playing together like a great 'band'

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
1.Listener
2. Source/Source Material
3. Amplification
4.Speaker
5.Room.
Of course a chain is only as strong as its' weakest link.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
no not really, your hi fi is a collection of inanimate objects and is incapable of having a 'team' dynamic or indeed playing together like a great 'band'
Balderdash

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
1.Listener
2. Source/Source Material
3. Amplification
4.Speaker
5.Room.
Of course a chain is only as strong as its' weakest link.
I agree with you about #3.
5. Listener
4. Source/Source Material
3. Amplification
2. Speaker
1. Room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing