Sell- NAD M51 Master Series Dac

Quadman

Mar 1, 2016
East TN
SOLD Up for sale is my one owner NAD M51 dac. Asking $999, at that price I pick up paypal fees, and ground shipping to conti. USA. Purchased new in December 13, it was my introduction to computer audio. This Dac combined with a AQ Jitterbug and uptone Regen created the most wonderful sound in my system. I have read some very negative remarks on this forum on this DAC and I cannot understand what they have heard. if anyone lives near E.TN and wants to hear this DAC in my system you are welcome to stop by. I am running the favored firmware 1.39 and, I believe, I can supply firmware 1.41 and 1.43 on a usb stick if you desire. I have moved on to a dac that can up sample to DSD.

I ran this dac with hqPlayer and up sampled all music to 24/176 or 24/192 depending on which filter I used in HQplayer, I had a very deep and wide soundstage with excellent image separation and dynamics. Perhaps one of this Dac's strongest suits is as a dac in a audio video 2 chnl system with its HDMI inputs and HDMI pass thru output. It would make an excellent dac for those music videos.

I have the original box and remote control. I see no marks on the top, sides or front of this unit it is in excellent condition.

crappy phone pics below.
NAD front.JPG NAD Rear.JPG

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing